Can not find SuperSu one rooted one x

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I just rooted my Rogers one x using the onexroot.com method. Everything went well I thought. It rebooted 3 times and the instructions said I was rooted. I can' t find SuperSu in my app tray. When I plugged on my phone to my computer, my phone did not ask for charge only or usb storage. It has not done that for a while. Could this be the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am still running the stock rom and android version 4.1.1. After I rooted with the instructions frrom onexroot.com I did not find SuperSu in the app tray. I went back and checked the instructions and found it was for ICS and I am running JB. I do not know if this makes a difference. I downloaded the Htc drivers and the appropriate zip file it called for. My one x booged up 3 times as it said it would and the command prompts said I was rooted. Other than looking for SuperSu, I do not know bow to check if rooting was successful. Thanks for any help you can give...Ken.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I am still running the stock rom and android version 4.1.1. After I rooted with the instructions frrom onexroot.com I did not find SuperSu in the app tray. I went back and checked the instructions and found it was for ICS and I am running JB. I do not know if this makes a difference. I downloaded the Htc drivers and the appropriate zip file it called for. My one x booged up 3 times as it said it would and the command prompts said I was rooted. Other than looking for SuperSu, I do not know bow to check if rooting was successful. Thanks for any help you can give...Ken.

Well, I'm afraid if you updated to jelly bean via OTA, the exploit is most likely patched and you cannot get it unlocked and rooted....

Reboot to bootloader and see what it says at the top of the screen...take a pic and post it here.

To reboot to boot loader, hold power down, continue to hold it down until the screen turns off.. once the screen turns off hold the volume down button Down, don't release until you see the menu

Sent from my Dirty Rootbox Nexus 7

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Bizzle69. I did a factory reset yesterday after I had problems.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360958420789.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360958420789.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 9

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
D'oh!!! The bootloader is locked.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One X with ViperXL using Android Central Forums

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. How would I go about unlocking it, if it is possible?

There isn't an exploit yet for the new update.. HTC just released source code yesterday or the day before, so hackers/devs may figure it out at some point... just gotta wait now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma