usb debugging constantly on.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all. I have a problem with my one x. Recently whewindow the asks for connection type does not come up on my phone's screen. Instead "usb debugging on" comes up in the status bar. I have tried doing a factory reset, but this did not fix it. At no time did I check the box indication don't ask again. This causes problems when trying ti transfer videos from my PC onto my phoe's storage. I also want to root it but I can not select charge only. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
No clue anyone? I guess maybe I'll have to contact HTC and see if they can offer any solution.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

stormchaser407

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings, select develop options, uncheck the usb debugging always on. That should solve the issue :) , Another area to check if that fails is go to settings and select connect to PC and you will see choices like default connection type etc...

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I keep unchecking usb debugging, but when I plug it into my PC it checks itself back on despite developer options being off. Also on my one ex I do not have the Connect to PC option listed in settings but my evo 3d does. Could this setting be gone with the Jelly Bean update? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes the option disappeared with the JB update.

And I have the same problem with usb debugging . Considering doing a factory reset to see if it changes anything.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Having debugging on isn't a bad thing, guys... on your pc, while your phone is connected, go to device manager, right click the phone and update drivers.. it will now show as a media device in My Computer, and you can access files the way you did before. I have Windows 7, and a window pops up automatically asking what I want to do>> " open as.., folder, camera, etc

Note: this will not turn USB debugging off.. it's a good thing that it is on, gives you the opportunity to unbrick your device if it ever becomes unresponsive

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Bizzle and Patrix. I spoke to HTC this afternoon and they said that the connect to pc option was left out of the JB update. I tries a factory reset and it will not change anything.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

PMRR

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I actually think it is a pretty bad thing to have debugging always on for those of us who have rooted our phone and keep all our life and passwords on it. If anyone knows how to tweak it off so it doesn't auto-appear it will be greatly appreciated!

anoopmahobia_820

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
same problem with my htc desire 820s

i am not able to open developer option in my phone without connecting it to a pc

i am not able to poweoff aur reboot my phone

not able to do factory reset also pls help me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance