S-OFF achieved! one XL

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys..things just got a whole lot easier in the world of flashing with your one XL!

S-OFF has been achieved, now you don't need to flash boot.img (if you are hboot 1.14) when flashing Roms and kernels.. you can now flash new splash screens and radios as well!

Read the instructions, and follow them to the T.. there are 0 people who have bricked their devices with this process..

[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA - xda-developers

mbcastle

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Yup, mine has been S-off since last night, and it's all good. :D The directions are pretty straightforward. For those running JB 4.2 like I am make sure you get the latest adb and set root permission for both ADB and apps in developer options.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

turbomach5

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Ok...Riddle me this Batman...

Since I have Viper 3.2.3
H-Boot 1.14, Unlocked but S-On still...

Is it worth it? Do I need it? If I wanted to screw around and try CM10.1 (for example) will being S-ON screw with me?

I'm just so confused when it comes to different H-Boots

mbcastle

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
S-Off will let you skip having to separately flash boot.img when flashing different ROMs and flash radios to name two. I achieved S-Off while running CM 10.1.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok...Riddle me this Batman...

Since I have Viper 3.2.3
H-Boot 1.14, Unlocked but S-On still...

Is it worth it? Do I need it? If I wanted to screw around and try CM10.1 (for example) will being S-ON screw with me?

I'm just so confused when it comes to different H-Boots
What he said haha. I've been running viper since ics with hboot 1.14, and its great that viper flashes boot.img for you, but with s off,I can change radios, flash any rom without needing the extra step of flashing boot.Img and flash new/different splash screens.

I've also noticed everything flashes correctly, without issues. Seriously, once I S-OFF'd, I nearly j-off'd

turbomach5

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Woot! S-Off on my Viper HTC One X! That was pretty easy (though I combed the thread extensively due to a model not matching up). Going to bed!

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Okay, my last gripe. The terminal keeps saying that my device is offline, even though it's fully connected and everything. I can't finish the process, what do I do?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, my last gripe. The terminal keeps saying that my device is offline, even though it's fully connected and everything. I can't finish the process, what do I do?

The s off process? Just reboot to bootloader and pick up where you left off at..

As far as splash screens, go to xda, one x Telstra/AT&T, themes and apps.... should be a link on that page for something "splash"

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
And once I fixed that, I keep getting Error 99 rather than the proper one. I don't have a nandroid, hell, I don't even really know what one is, but that's beside the point. Can you please explain to the idiot over here what I need to do to fix this?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
And once I fixed that, I keep getting Error 99 rather than the proper one. I don't have a nandroid, hell, I don't even really know what one is, but that's beside the point. Can you please explain to the idiot over here what I need to do to fix this?

Try to go through the entire process over again. But first, restart your pc (sometimes adb gets cluttered and a reboot fixes it). Also, search that thread for your problem, pretty sure others had that happen, and figured it out.

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I finally achieved success after many attempts. Read the post through several times and made an attempt and failed. Cleared everything in ADB and started over, followed it all and kept getting errors or "device not found" . Finally at the bottom of the "steps" after step 9, I followed Tip from driftkidd2323, and tried again. Another failure. Tried again and swapped steps 7 and 8 and everything fell in place. Maybe I got lucky and it wasn't supposed to be that but it worked on mine. Now S-off showing CID 11111111

atomic_squid

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Welp, after an embarrassing number of tries, I have finally achieved S-OFF! I shall now flash a new splash screen. Any good radios to flash?

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Welp, after an embarrassing number of tries, I have finally achieved S-OFF! I shall now flash a new splash screen. Any good radios to flash?

If you are on viper, open up venom hub, and flash 2.41... I've had MUCH faster speeds and better reception with this one - although, remember, you may not have the same experience based on location and reception...