Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By danvc
  • 1 Post By MangoPowah
  • 1 Post By MangoPowah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jelly Bean Roms for AT&T One X?

After waiting for months for AT&T to release a jelly bean update for the One X, I have decided to take matters into my own hands and root my phone. My phone is now rooted, but I'm trying to look for the best Jelly Bean rom to flash. This is my first time rooting an android device, so I'm a little lost in all of the different options. I'm mainly just looking for a stock Jelly Bean experience without an Htc Sense overlay. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Jelly Bean Roms for AT&T One X?

If you are looking for a stock JB, try this one, I have tried most of them and this seems to flash the easiest except for Viper XL,[ROM]Jelly Bean Sense 4+ deo & odex - xda-developers. Be sure to follow directions in the thread. If your new to this thing, go to Google play and get "flash GUI". It makes things a lot easier when flashing roms. Also download the All in One Toolkit for the HTC One X. HTC One X > [TOOL] HTC One X > XDA,. The forum at XDA has a lot of information and help but you have to READ the posts carefully and follow the directions or you end up with a BIG mess.
    Thanked by:
    danvc 

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

If you S-OFF your device, you don't need to flash boot.img anymore..every Rom is easy to flash now haha
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!

If you're looking for a non-Sense ROM you might check out CyanogenMod. I've been running version 10.1, which is based on Android 4.2.2. It is not a stable, finished ROM, but it's been rock solid for me so far.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    danvc 

For a stock feel, what do folks think about Cyanogenmod vs ViperXL (without Sense)?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by myrddincox View Post
    For a stock feel, what do folks think about Cyanogenmod vs ViperXL (without Sense)?

I'll always choose viper.. senseless runs phenomenal, and you get to still use the sense camera

That being said, cm is awesome, but I usually go for AOKP or a mix of the 2
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

Thanked by:
    danvc 

Quote Originally Posted by myrddincox View Post

Only reason I go for CM is the pure android look and the fact that I can get 4.2.2. I don't like sense anymore.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up flashing Viper XL and I'm loving it, although I'll probably give Cyanogenmod a try at some point. I was so worried I was going to brick my phone or something, but it all went fine. I can't believe that I've never rooted any of my phones before, but I'm never going back. I feel like I have a brand new phone!
    Bizzle69 likes this.

For AOSP (stock Android), I suggest AOKP. JellyBam is good too; it's a hybrid of CM10, AOKP, and ParanoidAndroid. Nocturnal'd Dirty ROM is good too; 4.1 with 4.2 keyboard and camera.

For Sense ROMs, I have no trouble recommending ViperXL. Super customizable, gets updated often, and just overall awesome.
    Bizzle69 likes this.

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by danvc View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up flashing Viper XL and I'm loving it, although I'll probably give Cyanogenmod a try at some point. I was so worried I was going to brick my phone or something, but it all went fine. I can't believe that I've never rooted any of my phones before, but I'm never going back. I feel like I have a brand new phone!
    Yep, just another reason that I won't choose a phone based on if it'll get future updates or not...I'll make it update haha
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

Ok so I got ViperXL how do I take off sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Limon View Post
    During installation there should have been an option to remove Sense. Afterward, it would have asked you to choose between Apex and Nova for default launcher. If Sense is still there for you, just make sure to set your launcher of choice as default.

And note: You'll only remove Sense as a launcher, but not overall. If you want stock Android look and feel throughout the whole system, find and flash an AOSP ROM.
    pjniez likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Limon View Post
    Keep in mind that if you remove sense, you get the AOSP lockscreen(AFAIK) And you have to unlock your device to receive a call. I think Viper or some other ROM had worked that around. Not sure.

Viper does a pretty good AOSP look if you also get the AOSP status bar icon pack installed from the Venom app.

I had a quick question. I have the international One X while my roommate is a frustrated AT&T One X owner wanting to root. He has a mac so I will probably flash it using my laptop. If I do it with mine will it conflict with my existing intl One X drivers?