Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need a data connection to play Purchased Songs from Play Store? WTH!

Okay., I rarely buy songs from Google Play store. But yesterday I decided to buy one. I paid for it and it downloaded and put it in my music file. I go to the gym to work out. The gym where I go has a dead spot. No cell service or data. So I put it in airplane mode. I go to the play the song I bought from the play store and it will not play. WTH! I need a data connection to play the song I bought or downloaded from the play store? Has it as always been this way? I turn the data back on and it works. This sucks since my gym as no service.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Need a data connection to play Purchased Songs from Play Store? WTH!

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Okay., I rarely buy songs from Google Play store. But yesterday I decided to buy one. I paid for it and it downloaded and put it in my music file. I go to the gym to work out. The gym where I go has a dead spot. No cell service or data. So I put it in airplane mode. I go to the play the song I bought from the play store and it will not play. WTH! I need a data connection to play the song I bought or downloaded from the play store? Has it as always been this way? I turn the data back on and it works. This sucks since my gym as no service.

I would like to know the answer to this also. Seems I can't listen to music also unless I have internet..this bugs me.

Sent from my amazing HTC
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Need a data connection to play Purchased Songs from Play Store? WTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    I would like to know the answer to this also. Seems I can't listen to music also unless I have internet..this bugs me.

Sent from my amazing HTC
    Why pay for something that you need a data connection if you are also paying for data also.. Lol

Why pay for something that you need a data connection if you are also paying for data also.. Lol

I've been researching this today and from what I'm gathering when you purchase music or movies it stores them in like a cloud or drop box..you then have the option to download it to your device if you want to..I guess since the size of movies and music it doesn't audio download them to your phone..

Sent from my amazing HTC

Are you using play music app? That is cloud based, however if you mark albums you can have them down to the device to work around that.

Look into getting the Google music manager installed onto your home pc and get all your music just as available.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by loraque View Post
    Are you using play music app? That is cloud based, however if you mark albums you can have them down to the device to work around that.

Look into getting the Google music manager installed onto your home pc and get all your music just as available.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    I am.. I'll have to look into it.. Thanks

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    I've been researching this today and from what I'm gathering when you purchase music or movies it stores them in like a cloud or drop box..you then have the option to download it to your device if you want to..I guess since the size of movies and music it doesn't audio download them to your phone..

Sent from my amazing HTC
    Where is this option to download it? Thanks

Where is this option to download it? Thanks
    Play Store Music--> Menu--> Choose on device music...then put a pin next to what you want synced to your device
    Thanked by 2:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Play Store Music--> Menu--> Choose on device music...then put a pin next to what you want synced to your device
    Thanks you so much! It worked. Never knew that.. Love this site..

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Very simple that update is simply putting the song on your list by default Google music is a streaming service what you need to do is Look for that check mark and check it this will cache the song for you it dosent auto cache so you ha e to manually do it

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums