This can't be right.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
do you know how to look at the battery history, tap the graph at the top of the screen (the one you posted) it should show you screen time and wake time.

Are you running any battery saving apps? Those usually don't help, and can sometimes cause crazy things to happen

gattzzz

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
do you know how to look at the battery history, tap the graph at the top of the screen (the one you posted) it should show you screen time and wake time.

Are you running any battery saving apps? Those usually don't help, and can sometimes cause crazy things to happen

Attachments

• 2013-02-23_23-45-23.png
    2013-02-23_23-45-23.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 46

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site

I'd suggest doing a factory reset... if that doesn't help, you can always root and rom.. plenty of Roms that get great battery life

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Good ol? wake locks that's what is killing your battery the issue wasn't fixed until 4.2.2

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Good ol? wake locks that's what is killing your battery the issue wasn't fixed until 4.2.2

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The amount of wake locks is not the reason why his battery is tanking like this...there's barely any wake locks when the screen is off

Snowskate

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I literally just joined this forums to post up a topic about this. Like your history picture, I have MULTIPLE graphs that look like yours. I have a few where it jumps from literally 40% to 0%. I've narrowed it down to having something to do with the Wi-Fi connecting and disconnecting and when it does that, something in the phone holds back all of my text messages and ABSOLUTELY DEMOLISHES the battery life. I literally just missed a few important text messages because of this and this is a re-occuring problem that is really getting me upset.

I'm going to try to make a detailed post describing all this garbage and see what I can do about this. My phone is also stock, I've modified nothing to it since the day I got it.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I literally just joined this forums to post up a topic about this. Like your history picture, I have MULTIPLE graphs that look like yours. I have a few where it jumps from literally 40% to 0%. I've narrowed it down to having something to do with the Wi-Fi connecting and disconnecting and when it does that, something in the phone holds back all of my text messages and ABSOLUTELY DEMOLISHES the battery life. I literally just missed a few important text messages because of this and this is a re-occuring problem that is really getting me upset.

I'm going to try to make a detailed post describing all this garbage and see what I can do about this. My phone is also stock, I've modified nothing to it since the day I got it.

Do you guys have "best Wi-Fi performance" enabled? If so, disable it..it is known to cause issues (although I doubt this is the culprit for instant drain)

Sent from my HTC Evita ViperXL

elsark

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the photos, as printed, are very pixelated. The printer machine did give a warning about resolution before giving the final print option, and I was using the "print in minutes" rather than one hour option at the retailer, but that shouldn't matter. Nor should the type of cord (the mini with a 6 foot wire to the usp port). These were the original photos taken with the camera on highest resolution too, not downloaded photos that have been resized to text or load onto the net. Any ideas? I do not have my manual for the phone, but it would seem that to have printed them at all, I didn't do that wrong.

Snowskate

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys have "best Wi-Fi performance" enabled? If so, disable it..it is known to cause issues (although I doubt this is the culprit for instant drain)

Sent from my HTC Evita ViperXL

I went into my options to see if I had that and I couldn't find that in the settings menu or under Wi-Fi. :/

gattzzz

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine was never enabled. My battery went back to normal the last couple days. Not sure what it was that was causing to drain so fast. I just unlocked and rooted. Installing my first ROM at the moment. Hope this goes well. Using the CM10.1 ROM.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine was never enabled. My battery went back to normal the last couple days. Not sure what it was that was causing to drain so fast. I just unlocked and rooted. Installing my first ROM at the moment. Hope this goes well. Using the CM10.1 ROM.

Best sense rom is viper XL... if you like AOSP, try the new 6.3 Jellybam..excellent mix of cm10.1/ParanoidAndroid/AOKP

gattzzz

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Best sense rom is viper XL... if you like AOSP, try the new 6.3 Jellybam..excellent mix of cm10.1/ParanoidAndroid/AOKP

I really like the Vanilla OS so I wasn't interested in Viper but thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll give the Jellybam a try, looked pretty nice.

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get even 8 hrs of battery with my wi fi on with my Intl One X on ICS. After JB I started getting 20-22 hours. I'd suggest you root it and install a JB custom ROM. It's worth it. I've been running Cyanogenmod and I can't see myself going back to Sense ROMs ever.

gattzzz

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get even 8 hrs of battery with my wi fi on with my Intl One X on ICS. After JB I started getting 20-22 hours. I'd suggest you root it and install a JB custom ROM. It's worth it. I've been running Cyanogenmod and I can't see myself going back to Sense ROMs ever.

Who is this directed to? I'm running CM 10.1 as we speak.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site

On the AT&T one x I'm getting the best battery out of a sense rom.. but Jellybam comes in at a close 2nd