Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gattzzz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default This can't be right.

50 mins of screen on time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This can't be right.-2013-02-23_23-32-34.png  

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Default Re: This can't be right.

Quote Originally Posted by gattzzz View Post
    50 mins of screen on time.
    What does your history look like, wake locks? Something funky is going on... are you stock or is this a rom
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

If I helped you out, hit the thanks button on this post!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle69 View Post
    What does your history look like, wake locks? Something funky is going on... are you stock or is this a rom
    This is stock. 4.0.4

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

do you know how to look at the battery history, tap the graph at the top of the screen (the one you posted) it should show you screen time and wake time.

Are you running any battery saving apps? Those usually don't help, and can sometimes cause crazy things to happen
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

do you know how to look at the battery history, tap the graph at the top of the screen (the one you posted) it should show you screen time and wake time.

Are you running any battery saving apps? Those usually don't help, and can sometimes cause crazy things to happen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This can't be right.-2013-02-23_23-45-23.png  

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

I'd suggest doing a factory reset... if that doesn't help, you can always root and rom.. plenty of Roms that get great battery life

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

Good ol wake locks that's what is killing your battery the issue wasn't fixed until 4.2.2

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM 10.1 and AOKP 4.2 RP

So that's why my 4.2.2 ROM has good battery life.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    Optimus G Pro, running CarbonROM 4.3!

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by FRoStYisGoD View Post
    Good ol wake locks that's what is killing your battery the issue wasn't fixed until 4.2.2

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    The amount of wake locks is not the reason why his battery is tanking like this...there's barely any wake locks when the screen is off
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

I literally just joined this forums to post up a topic about this. Like your history picture, I have MULTIPLE graphs that look like yours. I have a few where it jumps from literally 40% to 0%. I've narrowed it down to having something to do with the Wi-Fi connecting and disconnecting and when it does that, something in the phone holds back all of my text messages and ABSOLUTELY DEMOLISHES the battery life. I literally just missed a few important text messages because of this and this is a re-occuring problem that is really getting me upset.

I'm going to try to make a detailed post describing all this garbage and see what I can do about this. My phone is also stock, I've modified nothing to it since the day I got it.

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Snowskate View Post
    I literally just joined this forums to post up a topic about this. Like your history picture, I have MULTIPLE graphs that look like yours. I have a few where it jumps from literally 40% to 0%. I've narrowed it down to having something to do with the Wi-Fi connecting and disconnecting and when it does that, something in the phone holds back all of my text messages and ABSOLUTELY DEMOLISHES the battery life. I literally just missed a few important text messages because of this and this is a re-occuring problem that is really getting me upset.

I'm going to try to make a detailed post describing all this garbage and see what I can do about this. My phone is also stock, I've modified nothing to it since the day I got it.
    Do you guys have "best Wi-Fi performance" enabled? If so, disable it..it is known to cause issues (although I doubt this is the culprit for instant drain)

Sent from my HTC Evita ViperXL
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

Yes, the photos, as printed, are very pixelated. The printer machine did give a warning about resolution before giving the final print option, and I was using the "print in minutes" rather than one hour option at the retailer, but that shouldn't matter. Nor should the type of cord (the mini with a 6 foot wire to the usp port). These were the original photos taken with the camera on highest resolution too, not downloaded photos that have been resized to text or load onto the net. Any ideas? I do not have my manual for the phone, but it would seem that to have printed them at all, I didn't do that wrong.

Do you guys have "best Wi-Fi performance" enabled? If so, disable it..it is known to cause issues (although I doubt this is the culprit for instant drain)

Sent from my HTC Evita ViperXL
    I went into my options to see if I had that and I couldn't find that in the settings menu or under Wi-Fi. :/
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Mine was never enabled. My battery went back to normal the last couple days. Not sure what it was that was causing to drain so fast. I just unlocked and rooted. Installing my first ROM at the moment. Hope this goes well. Using the CM10.1 ROM.
    Bizzle69 likes this.

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by gattzzz View Post
    Mine was never enabled. My battery went back to normal the last couple days. Not sure what it was that was causing to drain so fast. I just unlocked and rooted. Installing my first ROM at the moment. Hope this goes well. Using the CM10.1 ROM.
    Best sense rom is viper XL... if you like AOSP, try the new 6.3 Jellybam..excellent mix of cm10.1/ParanoidAndroid/AOKP
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom

Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Best sense rom is viper XL... if you like AOSP, try the new 6.3 Jellybam..excellent mix of cm10.1/ParanoidAndroid/AOKP
    I really like the Vanilla OS so I wasn't interested in Viper but thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll give the Jellybam a try, looked pretty nice.

I didn't get even 8 hrs of battery with my wi fi on with my Intl One X on ICS. After JB I started getting 20-22 hours. I'd suggest you root it and install a JB custom ROM. It's worth it. I've been running Cyanogenmod and I can't see myself going back to Sense ROMs ever.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yash777 View Post
    I didn't get even 8 hrs of battery with my wi fi on with my Intl One X on ICS. After JB I started getting 20-22 hours. I'd suggest you root it and install a JB custom ROM. It's worth it. I've been running Cyanogenmod and I can't see myself going back to Sense ROMs ever.
    Who is this directed to? I'm running CM 10.1 as we speak.

ROM
    ViperXL/Dirty Rom

Quote Originally Posted by yash777 View Post
    On the AT&T one x I'm getting the best battery out of a sense rom.. but Jellybam comes in at a close 2nd
    Rooted, HyperDrive Rom