- 3 Posts
Draining battery due to Wi-Fi - Hold's text messages back
So I have a completely stock HTC One X and I've noticed lately when I walk around on campus and I leave my Wi-Fi on, sometimes something in the software must get... Stuck?... So the result of this is my battery life plumits off a cliff pretty much and it holds back my text messages.
As soon as I send a text message out (I usually send one to myself) it will shoot the message threw then I'll receive all of the texts that were held back while whatever software in the phone was "stuck". So during this time of my phone being "stuck", everything is functional except I do not receive texts (and phone calls maybe as well?) and my battery gets hot (sometimes I can feel the heat near the back, when I check its usually between 90-95 degrees when I check).
Android version: 4.0.4
HTC Sense version: 4.0
Ever since I got the phone roughly 5-6 months ago, I have not received a single update. What can I do to fix this?.. Would rooting my phone possibly fix this issue?
My current stupid solutions:
1. Turn off wifi then send a text to myself to make sure it's working correctly
2. Send a text message to myself while it's happening and just leave Wi-Fi on (then it works properly after that)
It just seems like it has something to do with the connecting, disconnecting and re connecting of the Wi-Fi, but I feel like that's nothing I can really change myself.
Here are 2 pictures.
- By PackerBadger in forum Virgin Mobile Optimus VReplies: 7Last Post: 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
- By TigerDave in forum LG Optimus SReplies: 16Last Post: 03-01-2011, 08:16 AM
- By laughingperson5 in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 0Last Post: 06-24-2010, 01:08 AM
- By akarol in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 14Last Post: 06-08-2010, 09:18 PM
- By clucas#ac in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 4Last Post: 03-25-2010, 10:32 AM