Printing photos from HTC one X data cord resolution problem

elsark

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I went to Target to print the HD photos from my HTC One X, using a data cord. the photos would only print in very low resolution, as if like 0.4 megapixels. I did check to be sure it was set to take the pics in highest resolution, and can zoom on the device as if they are high resolution. What is the deal?

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
What paper did you print on and how big was it? It would be useful if you could post an example of the photo here. You can't expect too much out of phone camera anyway.

elsark

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for weighing in. The paper was the professional paper loaded into the commercial machine at the retailer. That can't be it. The pictures were very pixelated, and the machine did give a warning before the final "print" selection that there was a resolution problem. I used a 6 foot mini (micro?...whichever fit) to USB data cord. The pictures look as though they were from a phone several generations of technology ago. I can't really post them, as they are in hard copy, unless I photo'd them again. If I go directly digital from the phone onto a digital device, though, I wonder if they would transfer in the low res, or in the high res tha they seem to be taken and stored in. I think high, since when I post them to FB they are better than those printed. Mind you, these are original photos, not down loads or resized photos for texting.

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Thats strange. Although I am sure you have cross checked it, look if your camera resolution is set to maximum. Sometimes when I copy my photos, they don't transfer well to my laptop and half of the photo is cut off or in low quality. It happens once in a blue moon though. Try again and let us know!

elsark

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, camera is set to max resolution, and the pictures on it when I pull them up can be zoomed in on as if high res, but they print low res. I hear now it might be software compatibility with the machine at Target. I have not confirmed. it would be really stupid of them not to have it compatible in the shrinking photo print market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair