HTC One X will only boot in safe mode?

CheapLabor

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Preface: I'm a novice Android user, so my phone isn't rooted or any of that good stuff.

I installed about 7 app updates yesterday. Prior to doing that, my phone was working just fine. Restarted my phone this morning and it booted into Safe Mode. I'm assuming this happened because I accidentally hit the Vol Down key while rebooting.

Well, several (a dozen) reboots later... avoiding the volume keys... my phone still boots in Safe Mode.

Does this imply that one of the App updates was bad or corrupt? If yes, do I have to go in and roll-back one by one and reboot until it's resolved?

Or is it a larger problem with my phone? I just want my phone to boot normally, darn it!

Thanks in advance,

Joe

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Google told me that if you turn your phone OFF, then press and hold the power button until the three capacitive buttons blink and the phone turns off again. Then power on like normal.

Miss Bert

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Google told me that if you turn your phone OFF, then press and hold the power button until the three capacitive buttons blink and the phone turns off again. Then power on like normal.

I'm the same issue and I followed the steps ^^^ but my phone powers on and jumps to the HBOOT screen. Plus my volume down button isn't working. UGH. Someone please help!

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually, your voldwn button is stuck on. The button code to get to the bootloader... is to hold voldwn during start. I would say your volume rocker is stuck down. I have no idea what you can do about that however.

I will note that the One X cannot survive the 1m submersion test for 20 seconds in a lake. I have it in a bag of rice still, but very little hope. Been 3 weeks since the dive. Sigh.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually, your voldwn button is stuck on. The button code to get to the bootloader... is to hold voldwn during start. I would say your volume rocker is stuck down. I have no idea what you can do about that however.

I will note that the One X cannot survive the 1m submersion test for 20 seconds in a lake. I have it in a bag of rice still, but very little hope. Been 3 weeks since the dive. Sigh.

Besides opening the phone and voiding the warranty if its truly stuck you can try this get a can of compressed air and stick the straw near the volume rocker and attempt to blow any trash out be careful as you may rupture a heat shield or ribbon cable

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

aroni3s

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Simple and effective solution just restart the phone dont turn it off and on hold the power button and when it asks you if you want to turn it off,airplane mode or restart choose restart :) i had the same problem i just happen to stumble across the solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm