Jelly bean update finally here

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
There are issues with jellybean and some wifi. Usually, I hear about 2Wire or Uverse brands with WPA/WPA2 encryption turned on. I would first FORGET the network and add it back again. If no go, I would (for testing purposes) turn off the security on your wireless and see if you can connect then. I have seen several threads in the custom rom area that have been running it for a while, complaining about wifi. I do not think this is device specific (not that that will make you feel better), but more wireless hardware/driver related when in conjunction with certain access points. This might be a THING you need to work around, if re-adding it after a forget doesn't do the trick.

Make a point of going to the market and making sure you have all your apps updated. There may be several that have new versions for JB... especially if you are noticing heat issues. That is almost always an app having trouble, and causing the CPU to run when it shouldn't be. That, and those goofy app specific issues are due BECAUSE it was an upgrade to an existing setup. A factory reset is often required with updates... and it might be a good idea to start over, even if it is not required.

Good luck everyone.

tward1955

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I guess I am one of the lucky ones....since I could never get my phone unlocked....my JB downloaded perfectly, and I have found zero issues.....I am in Oklahoma.......phone seems to run a bit quicker, nothing earth shattering, battery so far seems to be holding much better, it will get a better test this weekend......I have already been using Google Now on my Nexus 7 so no real shocking experience there.

Whosurdaddy

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to download and install the update without AT&T's updater service on a stock phone? From reading this thread it looks like this can only be done on rooted phones.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to download and install the update without AT&T's updater service on a stock phone? From reading this thread it looks like this can only be done on rooted phones.

Not true, check out the other thread in this forum, one of the editors /moderators put a link up to manually download it..

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7

pamh1984

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Updated and everything was cool and then I went to make a call and no contacts. Won't let me bluetooth them over off of my old phone so I can't figure it out. There's no way in he'll I'm typing them all in. HELP PLEASE:confused::eek:
My old phone Samsumg flight II can browse HOX but his can't browse the samsung
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Read the thread this morning for the update, decided to see what it was. Had some trouble getting it but finally got it and installed with:
rooted
unlocked
S-OFF
Almost like a normal custom rom only all the ATT crap on it. So far no problems everything seems to be working like its supposed to .

cobravenom96

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Did the upgrage last night. What I have noticed is that the phone seems to be performing a bit sluggish. I've tried task killer, clearing cache and rebooting. None of those seem to help. Any ideas anyone?

Jason Miller2

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Did the upgrage last night. What I have noticed is that the phone seems to be performing a bit sluggish. I've tried task killer, clearing cache and rebooting. None of those seem to help. Any ideas anyone?

Mine was too. I did another restart and it's smooth now. Has anyone had any luck connecting a thumb drive via usb otg? Mine now recognizes it but I can't figure out how to access the files? Any ideas?

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that my screen is brighter while set on automatic than before. I also notice that some of the volume bars, HTC symbols are blue in color and yet some of the things like the battery icon stayed the original green color. Why change some of the colors to blue and some not....makes it look strange.

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that my screen is brighter while set on automatic than before. I also notice that some of the volume bars, HTC symbols are blue in color and yet some of the things like the battery icon stayed the original green color. ..Why change some of the colors to blue and some not....makes it look strange.
Blue is the universal color of jelly bean... the battery stays green because that is sense ui, and shouldn't change color

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Went to check for updates, got nothing, and then got the time lockout. Tried the date trick, did a check for update again, and still got nothing. I know I can keep bumping the date but, what gives?

EDIT: There we go, after trying each "day" and bumping it up to the 14th, the phone finally picked it up. Installing now.