HTC One X Jellybean Bug List

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Updated mid day today. Bugs I have noticed since the update:

* It lost my social login info for friend-stream but Facebook and GPlus in the native apps came through seamlessly.
* The device is noticeably hotter (hopefully this will settle down)
* It lags where it was speedy in the past. Project butter is supposed to be faster and this far it isn't.
* In the past when I clicked on mp3 files in the downloads application it would play them now it says it can not play those files
* When playing media, notifications interrupt playback. Previously it would only do this when the screen was lit, now it does this even when the screen is off.

Some of these may settle down over time but so far I wish I hadn't updated. The One X out of the box was my all time favorite phone, now not so much. In a day or so I may try a factory reset if it does not get better,

UPDATE:

* After a few hours the device is smooth again but I am not sure if it is as smooth as it was.
* The device is still warmer than it was before
* The bug about not being able to play mp3 files from the downloads application list appears to only be files downloaded BEFORE the update, it worked a few minutes ago for a Windows Phone Central podcast I just downloaded.
* Will continue to evaluate and report back.

Last edited:

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
On my one x now, task manager shows 1gb now, but in apps it still show 772 mb

I'm also having a hard time connecting to my WiFi. It show I'm connection, but no data

Update: WiFi working great now, no issues, battery life seems to be better, phone seems to be smoother. Don't seems to lose WiFi/data during the night

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Google Navigation crashes every few seconds.. Has anyone else seen this problem? it force closes everytime...

Yes, mine and many others do that. Happens on any JB ROM, ever since they first came out. There are a couple work arounds, but no fix. I usually hit the HOME button as soon as it starts to route, and it runs fine in the background. Since I am always in my car, and it goes over BT, I can hear it easily. YMMV
The other option is to tap the compass, which should toggle into 2D mode and work also. I do not have stock running, but if there is a setting somewhere called DISABLE HARDWARE OVERLAYS, that tends to fix it also.

Something to do with the overlays. Why it affects some phones and not others is a mystery to me. Probably means we got phones with GPUs on the low end of acceptable, but that is just a guess. I still have hope this can be resolved.

jyoho1981

May 24, 2012
Visit site
When I updated earlier today everything was working fine. Even my WiFi was staying on when the screen was off rather than disconnecting. I just picked my phone up a few minutes ago and my WiFi was off but came right back on and then dropped again. Now the wifi continually cycles. Connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect etc... Anyone having this problem?

UPDATE: After about 8 hours, the WiFi got so bad I had to turn it off. Then the entire phone started to crash so I finally had to do a hard reset. Since the reset the phone has been perfect. I only hope the reset fixed my problem. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
When I updated earlier today everything was working fine. Even my WiFi was staying on when the screen was off rather than disconnecting. I just picked my phone up a few minutes ago and my WiFi was off but came right back on and then dropped again. Now the wifi continually cycles. Connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect etc... Anyone having this problem?

UPDATE: After about 8 hours, the WiFi got so bad I had to turn it off. Then the entire phone started to crash so I finally had to do a hard reset. Since the reset the phone has been perfect. I only hope the reset fixed my problem. Hope this helps.

So wifi is good after hard reset?

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Text messaging crashing non stop as is the navigation. This is a huge problem for me as those are two things I use most. Anyone else having same issues? I have never unlocked jailbroken or otherwise modded the rom in the phone at all since new purchase.

sooner74012

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I updated yesterday and posted about losing WiFi. After reading and reading and reading, I started trying ALL the different "fixes". Nothing worked. And, I tried all of them. Finally, this morning, I found another person suggest resetting the WiFi connection. So, I went into my wifi and "forgot" my home wifi. I waited a few minutes with the WiFi off and then restarted my phone. After it cycled back up, I went back into WiFi settings and clicked on "add". I added my WiFi back in from start to finish. Then I restarted my phone again. It is working now. I tried SOOOO many other "fixes" so I'm not 100% sure that this was the one that did it. But, I am relatively sure. But, I've read other testimonials online of people trying this and it now working...so, who knows. From what I understand, it is a known issue, but one that there is no solution for. It is not just the One X. Many other devices have this problem too when upgrading to JB.

razgri5

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with vibration notification?

If my phone is in normal sound mode and set to ring, the standard SMS app still gives me vibration notification. The only way to make it stop is to open up the settings in the messenger app itself and uncheck vibration. The problem is, if I do that then it will NEVER vibrate for received SMS even in when I set the phone to vibrate. What I'm trying to do is have my phone give me a notification tone and NOT vibrate at the same time, but I can't find a way.

Oddly, if I download a third party app like GoSMS this is not a problem.

This was not an issue before the JB update and I can't find any answers anywhere. What gives?

yosoyfiesta

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
does anyone know if jellybean supports group messsaging (like iphone - so group MMS are all sent and recieved in one thread)? Been using go sms for this (with the update i can now see facebook pictues in go sms) but not sure if i need to use it anymore since the only reason i did was for the group messaging feature

yjydragon

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I am having the GPS problem. Now after jelly bean, my Google navigation crushes every few seconds and says GPS signal lost. Very frustrating!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Me 2

Bizzle69

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, navigation problems is a known jelly bean problem, cm 10 had it for a while (probably still does) and jellybam as well...
It's hit or miss because of the gyroscope: there are two different kinds throughout all the one x's that were made.
I have one that I purchased at launch, last May, and I have no problems with Wi-Fi or navigation.

As for it not being as fast as ics, you should go into your settings>apps> all apps and clear cache/data and you will see improvements. I've been running it for over a month, and it's super smooth and has WAY better battery life. Of course I'm running bloat free, but it shouldn't be laggy to the point where it is noticeable with the bloat

MrVivekB

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I decided to do a factory reset and reinstall. Used Carbon to make go faster.

It had various pauses before, so far so good.

Sent from my HTC One X

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
after my first full day on the device I can say without hesitation that battery life has decreed A LOT. Before the upgrade I could use this phone casually at work and get home with about 80% battery life remaining. Today it was 39%. That;s not terrible and still not as bad as a lot of phones, but I used to be able to get 2 days out of this thing and now that does not look like it's gonna happen.

The phone is also still noticeably warmer to the touch. Yesterday I attributed that to the device re-syncing everything but it's been more than enough time for that to finish.

As for wifi it tells me it;s connected but twice in the last few minutes it's told me that an app (the browser) needed a data connection and prompted me to set up a wifi connection. Something's not not right.

symphonique

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I actually just updated my phone, and so far: I do notice the fluidity of the device. However, I did encounter two bugs: is it just me, or you no longer get notified when receiving a MMS on your lock screen? It shows the person sent a blank text. Also, the keyboard response seems a big slower...

aboxa

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
HTC still doesnt take me back to my songs list in the stock player when I hit the arrow which is so dumb of them. And the player doesn't show my recently played albums either?

Also is typing worse for anyone? The keys look so much smaller for me and my typing has gotten a LOT worse.

And the status bar randomly appears for no reason.

Cr0wb4r

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I updated mine. Yesterday had a hiccup where it downloaded the update but for some weird reason it never installed after it reset. Today I watched it and left it on the download screen and it installed just fine. Not sure what deal was..

Not sure if this is a bug, but the camera seems inclined to flash more. At my kitchen table and it normally wouldn't flash, but now it does. Picture seems fine either way.

Also, more of an annoyance than a bug... but in the notifications, it doesn't show the normal notification bar. It shows date, Clear, and Settings at the very top with no notification bar.

No wifi problems to speak of. Wifi worked fine at work, home, and a restaurant.

Things do seem snappier. I guess this is Project Butter. For example, I think the camera responds faster.

Typing seems the same, although I'm using Swiftkey.

I noticed when the brightness changes, its much,much faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool