How to Fix HTC One X Overheating/Flashing RED while Charging [RAPID Battery Drain]

Lynn Elliott1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried this method and it did not work. After thinking about the overheating issue I thought about the power source. Most plugs have a wider neutral slot on the left and a smaller hot slot on the right. The HTC charger has two small plugs, so you can plug it in either way. I wasn't paying attention to how I was plugging it in. So, I decided to pay attention. I figured that the side of the charger that has "HTC" written on it was the top, so I've been making certain to plug it in so the neutral, left, slot was always on the left of the top of the charger. Since doing this, I have not had the overheating or the "no sim card" problem. Probably worth a try.

Lynn Elliott1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I tried this method and it did not work. After thinking about the overheating issue, and the phone not charging, I thought about the power source. Most plugs have a wider neutral slot on the left and a smaller hot slot on the right. The HTC charger has two small plugs, so you can plug it in either way. I wasn't paying attention to how I was plugging it in. So, I decided to pay attention. I figured that the side of the charger that has "HTC" written on it was the top, so I've been making certain to plug it in so the neutral, left, slot was always on the left of the top of the charger. Since doing this, I have not had the overheating, charging or the "no sim card" problem. Probably worth a try.

Nithesh17a

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

After struggling for 2days for getting my HTC one X charged which was earlier not getting charged and was just blinking that red light due to which i was even not able to switch on my handset is now getting charged and i am now even able to switch on. Nothing much i did some one told me try keeping it in charge from computer and i said i tried all the possibilities by keeping the phone in charge whole night connected to wall socket,even tried with various other chargers so i said will even try this. so i kept my mobile in charge via computer in 15mins i saw the red light which was earlier just blinking is now lighting constantly. i then tried switching on and it happened. then i removed it from PC and kept my mobile in charge now via wall socket. Everything is working perfectly fine now. :):) Thanks to the guy for giving me that advice.

Kris Patel

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I'm going to say this to everyone here, hope it helps
First of all you choose to perform any of these do so at your own risk
Worst scenario, or this doesn't work, take the phone back to where you got it and sound really angry and annoyed

My uncle has a HTC one but I do not. I am No HTC one expert but I do have experience with rooting, flashing, bricking and unbricking android devices.

First of all those of you getting a boot screen, power off, the boot menu is for accessing recovery and rooting your phone. (hoot is accessed by holding volume up when powering on)

From the first post the guy is asking for both power buttons to be held (that means two fingers on the side of your phone, one pressing volume up and one pressing volume down.

So drain your phone entirely, and turn it on too see if it can still turn on, if it can still turn on you Need to keep turning it on until it has no battery left to light up the screen.

Now charge for 10 mins with the phone off (cable plugged in but the phone stays off)

Now unplug, wait a minute

Now when I say count to a number, I mean in your head, not actual seconds

Press both volume up and volume down and hold them
Count to 2
Press and hold power
Count to 3
Release power down then power up just after
Release power

claireejones

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
hello, my htc one day just went of and wont go back in i have tried charging it but when i put the charger in it does nothing for about 2 minuted then the screen starts flashing on and off and when i take the charger back out again it does not work can this be fixed or can i atleast get my photos off it?? please helpp!!! xx

Bubbahotep

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks soooo much, was worried that I wouldn't be able to get up for work tomorrow haha.

Worked a treat, charging well and now finally switched on.

Craig1994

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I urge anybody who hasn't got this problem fixed to do so as a priority. I've seen at least 6 completely fried motherboards due to overheating on the HOX.

Replacing the battery also seems to fix the problem in some cases.

Rahul Sarawagi

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot , dear ,

even my htc one was dead , and this irritating red led light was blinking , and i had no idea how to switch it back on , while i followed your instruction and now its working,, well i have tried this while my phone was on charge , and it was continuously showing hmode screen , well my phone is working now but still its getting overheated..can you tell me what went wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

THANKS A LOT , DEAR ,

EVEN MY HTC ONE WAS DEAD , AND THIS IRRITATING RED LED LIGHT WAS BLINKING , AND I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO SWITCH IT BACK ON , WHILE I FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTION AND NOW ITS WORKING,, WELL I HAVE TRIED THIS WHILE MY PHONE WAS ON CHARGE , AND IT WAS CONTINUOUSLY SHOWING HMODE SCREEN , WELL MY PHONE IS WORKING NOW BUT STILL ITS GETTING OVERHEATED..CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT WENT WRONG?

Tudorphone

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Press both volume up and volume down and hold them
Count to 2
Press and hold power
Count to 3
Release power down then power up just after
Release power

Can you clarify that there is no typo? You seem to release power twice but not release vol up+ down!
Do you mean hold vol up and vol down and then while holding them, press and hold power?
Do you release power while still holding the vol up + down?
Then do you release the vol up + down and immediately power up?

TP

ndv478

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I would like to ask, pressing the power, volume up and volume down for 2 minutes the device keep on reset every 2 seconds should I keep pressing or 1 restart is enough?
Many thanks

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Just last week my unit got hot while in my pant pocket so I diagnosed to why it was happening, I don't use Hangout or Google+ and I realized Hangout was trying to log my account in over and over so I killed the process and it hasn't gotten hot since then.

Just throwing that out there.

Tshepiso Modise

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem since last night with my HOX i was watching a video while on charge and the phone just went off and it had a flashing red light,it refused to go on.The trick i did was connect it to my laptop it continued flashing then i just monitored it for a few minutes and i got a solid red light and i immediately hit the power button on and i am now back online.Dont let the solid light go back to flashing as that will put you in a long loop.Hope this helps.

Tshepiso Modise

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Connect phone to laptop/PC then monitor for some minutes at some point the flashing will stop and when it stops quickly tap on the on/off button your HOX should boot normally.Charge for a few minutes then you can switch to on the wall power charge.

turbOratz

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone..i read all your comments and i having the same problem..this morning i drained my phone then i charge it for almost an hour..when i look my phone i saw blinking red light and battery logo on the screen then i try to turn it on unluckily it wont turned on..i do those tricks like changing micro usb and hold power button and volume up and down but it didnt work for me..why it is happening?? i dont overcharge my phone and i dont use it often..please help me..f### this phone..im using HTC butterfly