Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just updated mine

Just updated mine via the HTC RUU download. Now it's a beautiful white paperweight. No red charging light---completely dead. Any ideas how to bring it back to life?

Default Re: Just updated mine

well, by no means am I an expert, but it might help if you provided more info. were you rooted before you made the update and got s-off? was your battery low before you started? Did the update finish before it shut itself off? Did you leave the charger on for awhile (15-30) minutes to see if the light will come back on?

Default Re: Just updated mine

If pressing and holding the power for 10 seconds does not cause lights to blink on the bottom, or otherwise get a response from the phone (and the battery is confirmed not dead), you are looking at a warranty replacement. Give ATT a call, see if they have a service center near you that you can take it to for swap. If not, you will have to setup a warranty replace. They should ship you a refurb and a return label for yours.