Htc one xl -can anyone help?! Re:root & rom

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If you have the bootloader unlocked, you should be able to get TWRP recovery flashed over in fastboot. I think you can do this with the all in one. Once you have that, boot into Recovery, hit the MOUNT button, plug into a PC, copy over whatever rom, then flash it.

You will probably have to achieve S-OFF or you will have to flash over the boot.img of every ROM you want to use. This first time, you will also have to extract that from the rom.zip file and flash it with fastboot. Once you do it that way the first time, you can install the flashgui application and use that to do it in the future (need root, so).

I think your next goal should be getting TWRP on there, a copy of the rom,zip file, and then achieve S-OFF.

EDIT- Removed link to incorrect thread... if you have INTL version, must use that.

This was not trivial, but if you can get this done, it will make your life easier in the long run. Otherwise, you need to do the flashing of the boot.img noted above.

Last edited:

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you have the International version? Power down, hold volume down button and hold power, get to bootloader and check endeavor or evita. It will be at the top of the screen under locked or unlocked. If evita, use All in one toolkit by hasoon. If your unlocked, flash TWRP from the toolkit, then reboot, and flash perm root from toolkit, this will put superSU in the recovery, go back to recovery then and flash the supersu at the bottom of the tree. You are permmantly rooted then. Then you can use the Facepalm method to S-OFF and you won't have to flash the boot img's and be able to flash any rom as long as they are for your phone model. If you start flashing roms for different versions you will brick the phone and no help to get it back. You can go here [INDEX] AT&T/ROGERS One X Resources Compilation Roll-Up (Updated 4/4/13) - xda-developers and find most anything you need to get going. It would be adviseable to go here AT&T, Rogers HTC One X, Telstra One XL - xda-developers and do some reading before going further or you could end up with a expensive paper weight by bricking your phone.

mahesh_murali91

May 8, 2013
Visit site
i have international version one xl (evita). i have unlocked the bootloader now if some can please give a link of flashing twrp and rooting the device ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc