Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Malfunction - The dial numbers 1,2,3 will not populate or dial on the screen

Hi -

Currently, I own a HTC One X for about 2 years. When you pull up the dial menu to make a call... I cannot press 1,2, 3 and it populates on the phone screen. Which means any number I dial containing those numbers, I can't make the call.

Can someone assist?

Thanks!

ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: HTC Malfunction - The dial numbers 1,2,3 will not populate or dial on the screen

Try downloading a dialer replacement app like Dialer+ If the problem persists you might have to do a factory reset
    nothing nothing nothing

Default Re: HTC Malfunction - The dial numbers 1,2,3 will not populate or dial on the screen

Quote Originally Posted by ttblackberry View Post
    Hi -

Currently, I own a HTC One X for about 2 years. When you pull up the dial menu to make a call... I cannot press 1,2, 3 and it populates on the phone screen. Which means any number I dial containing those numbers, I can't make the call.

Can someone assist?

Thanks!
    Go to SETTINGS-APPS click ALL and scroll down to DIALER. Clear Data on your dialer (which will lose all your settings there, if you ever changed anything). This will reset just the dialer and might fix things up.

The same thing has happened to me on two separate HTC One X phones - the dialler will not respond on numbers 1, 2 and 3. Happens on my current phone. Rang HTC but they have no idea of the problem despite my informing it about it when it happened on my previous phone. Do anyone know what happens if you clear data on the dialler - will it clear out contacts? cheers

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldidsbury View Post
    The same thing has happened to me on two separate HTC One X phones - the dialler will not respond on numbers 1, 2 and 3. Happens on my current phone. Rang HTC but they have no idea of the problem despite my informing it about it when it happened on my previous phone. Do anyone know what happens if you clear data on the dialler - will it clear out contacts? cheers
    Sync your contacts with Gmail. It will help you back them up in case anything happens. Try clearing the cache first.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn