HELP PLZ! HTC One X on prepaid no mms?

Marilyn S

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I had had to break a 2yr contract with AT&T after 1yr. They wont release number ofcourse. So I had them put a prepaid SIM with just a $2 day plan for now. Everything works but can't send pics thru mms. Only on wifi like thru facebook or text app on wifi.
I was gonna put the $65 unlimited talk,text and 1GB since I'd mostly be on wifi. But they said the data won't work on my HTC One X because its 4G. And pics won't work because I need data.
I read into unlocking my phone and also APN settings. I'm wondering if just changing APN settings will allow data to work if I purchase the prepaid $65 with 1GB
I need help FAST! Have 1 day left on my plan. I need to purchase month but can't afford to go Huy another plan after if it won't work,so looking for best solution. I can get it unlocked but then can I put the prepaid at&t SIM in and use it & data work?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Marilyn,

I'm a little confused when you say they told you that your phone wouldn't have data "because it's 4G." Unless the salesperson just wasn't explaining themselves well enough, if your plan doesn't offer 4G data, you should still be able to ride on 3G data just fine. Maybe call them back and clarify this, but that's generally the way these things work, and I'm looking at their website right now, and it says that it includes unlimited text / pic / video messaging and 1GB of data for smartphones.

You should be able to just buy the prepaid SIM card for the $65 plan, pop it in and go. You shouldn't have to worry about unlocking it if you're switching from an AT&T contract to AT&T pre-paid. However, you say you 'broke' your contract, they almost all of the time end up blacklisting the phone if you didn't pay your ETF and cleanly cancel the contract. Not implying that you would do this, just making sure to give you all the relevant information.

Marilyn S

May 2, 2013
Visit site
That's what I thought...when they said if I go prepaid mms won't work because you need data. I was like give ne the $65 plan with the 1GB data.The guy says the data still won't work.
I called AT&T they are saying they are working on prepaid. But if you run a 4G phone on 3G network your mms or data won't work. I just hate to buy $65 at 15 more for data for nothing. They said they are selling prepaid 4G phones now but telling people the mms isnt working as if yet. Stupid...fix it then sell something that works. :p
What really makes no sense to me us that,if I need data to send mms,then why when I would set my mobile data ti off while on wifi....I could send mms if my data was off!?
Ok I think my options are get the $65 try it,if it doesn't work then...do I change settings or unlocking? Choice two...unlock and go to straight talk or net10. I run wifi a lot so should he ok. Its cheaper,just not sure if it'll work. I'm gonna really be mad if they blacklist my phone. I stayed as long as I could. Not working couldn't do it anymore. And can't afford another phone. Plus the HTC One X is an awesome phone.

Last edited:

Marilyn S

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I switched from AT&T contract to Go phone. They woudnt let me keep my number ofcourse. That I was upset about because I had that number before I even went with AT&T.
My mms wouldbt work but I went change something in settings & it worked fine. They were in the process of upgrading for 4G network I guess. But I found a solution on you tube. Which if a youtuber could figure it out ya know AT&T should have offered that info.

And now I have the same phone but using Straight talk with an AT&T SIM card. Service is great but they throttle ya down bad after 2.5 G if I can find a way to beat that would be great! AT&T now offers 2GB on $60 plan & for another $10 GB more. But I think I'm using around 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084