One X Screen Replacement

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
My wife dropped and shattered the front glass on her HTC One X today. She absolutely loves this phone. We have insurance on the device, but the deductible is $200. I've had some experience in repairing electronics, and have watched some disassembly vids. I'm confident that I can do the replacement myself.

My question is, after perusing replacement screen assemblies on Amazon, most customer reviews are only a couple of stars and bad written customer reviews. So where should I go to get a quality replacement? I was thinking Ebay, but there isn't a good way to judge the quality of the item on there. So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

subarudroid

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
The screen on the oneX is glued quite well to the LCD. Is a very good idea to get a LCD/screen combo to replace. I've done mine twice. I ordered both mine through repairuniverse.com. other than the promised delivery time being 3weeks late they are of good quality. However the light diods for the captivate buttons are merely impossible to transfer to the new unit. Use a guitar pick works best. Good to have a soldiering iron, heat gun, micro needle nose handy for the process.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
The screen on the oneX is glued quite well to the LCD. Is a very good idea to get a LCD/screen combo to replace. I've done mine twice. I ordered both mine through repairuniverse.com. other than the promised delivery time being 3weeks late they are of good quality. However the light diods for the captivate buttons are merely impossible to transfer to the new unit. Use a guitar pick works best. Good to have a soldiering iron, heat gun, micro needle nose handy for the process.

Awesome! Thanks for the all the help. Just out of curiosity, what will I need the soldiering iron for. In the videos I watched they didn't need or use one. That way I know exactly what I'll need to soldier.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

subarudroid

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
There are a few things no matter how careful you are..... Like the three pins on the USB side that could snap off. Plus on that same side on the bottom is a slim chipset piece that I actually snapped in half and had to rig. If you keep the unit warm with a hair dryer typically your OK. I own two of these phones and my son has the one with the replaced screen. I used that one as a Guinea pig to tear apart and have done so many times.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive picked up about 20 from cellularpartsusa.com out of the 20 i had 1 or two that had issues but they swapped them out.