Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One X only receiving half a text?

First, I've looked for a post on this but didn't find any, so I'm sorry if this has been answered before.

My problem is, since I switched from an Inspire to a One X, sometimes I only get the last page of multiple-page texts. I'm pretty sure it's only happened when texting my boyfriend, who has an iPhone (4, I think). It doesn't happen every time, but enough times in the couple weeks I've had the One X to notice it. I'm using the stock messaging app and haven't rooted my phone or anything like that.
    Any ideas as to what's happening? Thanks.

Default Re: One X only receiving half a text?

The stock messaging app is not very good. Try handcent and gosms pro, see which one you prefer. If you do go with one of them, remember to disable the stock app in the settings-apps menu.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried Handcent a while ago and didn't really like it, but Go Sms is fantastic. So far I've only had a couple long texts, but they seem to be fine.
    Stil wondering why the stock app was weird about it though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Nope, happened again with Go Sms, so it's not the sms app. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingwithyou View Post
    Nope, happened again with Go Sms, so it's not the sms app. Hmm.
    The only time I have seen trouble like this, though mine was not half a text, it was not receiving them until much later, was when ATT was upgrading the network in the Twin Cities area to LTE. Have not seen that problem since they flipped the switch. Might be worth a call to ATT describing the problem and asking if they have been doing any work on the network in your area that could account for it.

Did you do a factory reset after getting the Jellybean update? I hate to bring it up, but there seems a high chance of trouble after taking the update and NOT doing a factory reset. Depending on how you have your phone (and contacts) setup, this can vary from not much of a hassle to a PITA. But if ATT says that they are not working on your network, I would bite the bullet and do the reset. Copy your goodies off first, just in case, and make sure your Google contacts are complete before doing it though (Settings-Backup/Reset-Reset Phone).

If your phone came with the update already, then I would NOT do a reset.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It came fully updated already, so hopefully that wouldn't be the issue.

But thanks, if it happens again I'll talk to ATT.