HTC One X losing connection over WiFi

rs142

May 16, 2013
Visit site
This may have been posted before but I'm not sure if it's quite the same issue.

My phone is frequently losing connection when I'm connected over WiFi. The WiFi signal is never lost (the bar at the top always shows full strength WiFi). But nothing will load or connect. It is easily fixed by turning WiFi off then on again. But I'd like a better fix than this!

It seems to mostly happen when I start using my phone from sleep, but it does happen while I'm using it as well.

I've tried changing to 'best WiFi' and specifying 2.4ghz. But this doesn't seem to help.

Any advice gratefully received!

Posted via Android Central App

jdoedel517

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
same problem here. The Phone still indicates it has a good connection. But when I logon to my Wifi router, and check the connected devices, the phone is not there.
Switch off wifi from the phone, switch it on again -- then I have a Wifi connection for 30 s and it's gone ... very annoying.
Wifi connection works fine in the office, but not at home.

Anyone a suggestion?

cwiebe

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a solution, but it is a workaround. Purchase a new router that supports the new 802.11ac. I have two wireless routers, the Netgear R6300 and an older Netgear WNR-3500. I never have issues when connected to the R6300 at ac speeds. Plus, the R6300 has amazing range, and supports a guest wireless network.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87