1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Now, location service problems

So I've updated to the new Google Search, cause apparently there's new features and cards. Checking it out afterwards gives me the message somewhere in the midst of G-Now that my Google location services are turned off. And it gives the option to go to the settings of same. Ref pictures attached. Going to the settings,it shows that location services is well turned on. Turning off all options an on again,even reinstalling doesn't help.
    Anybody else experiencing this with G-Now after the update? Any suggestions to fix that.
    I'm thankful for any help.

Cheers
    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Google Now, location service problems-uploadfromtaptalk1369076901635.jpg   Google Now, location service problems-uploadfromtaptalk1369076920242.jpg  

Default Re: Google Now, location service problems

Have you checked your Maps settings? "Automatic Location Reporting" should be active in order for Google Now to work its magic. This is, however, the biggest battery drain of Google Now. In my country there aren't many useful cards available anyway, so as soon as I turned those options off (yes, Google Now is turned off in my phone), BAM! My battery life nearly doubled.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

As far as I'm concerned everything that should be turned on is turned on. I also noticed that on my HTC Sense,the weather eidget doesn't show the location where I'm at anymore, just shows the text "Current location". Any screenshot you can advise me with to see if I missed anything. This all started after updating G-search

Hi.
    I've got the exact same problem and so do lots of others. There's another thread somewhere. Majority of people say hard reset sorts it out. I'm gonna give it a few more days but I will prob have to hard reset
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hi,tks for the info. In the meantime I found another thread that seems to say Google is working on it and has admitted apparently to some mostakes. However, a restart and hard reset didn't change anything for me, how about for yourself?

Post Re: Google Now, location service problems

Hai, me also got the same problem here, my HTC One X plus can't detect where's my location, so when I try to check in in another places I've been, it's say that i need to turn on all my location setting, but I already turn on all my location setting. It's there anyway to settle down this problem? Please help me~~~~