bricked one x (no root, no flash, just stock/ ota rom)

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I was gonna trade in my cracked screen One X but AT&T, which had previously offered $38 for it, now offered to recycle it.

So figured I could get something for it online.

I had just picked up an HTC One, and figured to use the HTC Transfer Tool to move what it moved over. 4 times in a row it timed out and lost connection attempting to do so. Eventually I figured I would just get back to it.

I left my One X on my desk, on charger.

When I came back to it, the screen was black. I could tell it was on, but black. Completely unresponsive. I tried to power cycle it... eventually by holding down the power button, all three capactive buttons started to blink on and off. I let up. I then got the HTC "quietly brilliant" post screen. After a few seconds I did not get the AT&T sound and animation. It went black again. And that's all I've been able to get it to do since.

I tried to soft reboot with volume down + power. nothing. same as holding power. I noticed when hooking up the charger now, the charge light would not come on. I left it off charger overnight to drain it completely. Now when I hooked up the charger, I got the blinking red light, followed by the steady red light. I tried to boot up, same result. Again could not get charge light, so let it drain again, then this time charged till it was green. Same results. Not sure what to do. I never rooted or flashed this phone. I'm using the rom it updated to OTA. I did take the SIM card out, but it was working fine without it. Would putting a sim back in make a difference?

Pedro Menchaca

May 16, 2013
Visit site
no putting in the sim really wouldn't make any difference at all but I am having the exact same problem with my droid dna and my htc one x and ive been trying to find some answers for a while now ill let you know if I find anything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax