HTC One X, Jellybean, and my car stereo

boanarrow

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
So I just updated my car stereo because I wanted to be able to control my phone from it. My phone is my main source of music and its also handy for in car phone calls. So I got the JCV KD-X200 because it said it was compatible with Android. The problem is that I am running Jellybean on my One X and I have come to find out that it no longer supports USB Mass Storage mode, which is problematic with my new stereo. Does anyone know of any work-a-rounds for this so I can use the USB port on the stereo to link with my phone? Or am I just doomed? If the later, where can I complain so my plight may be heard by someone who can change this?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Google changed it for technical reasons I am afraid. There will be no going back at this point, unless you put an older ICS rom, or another custom rom, onto your device. Google changed the transfer method on Jellybean going forward to not use USB storage anymore. Not sure what that will mean for users doing it the way you are, but I expect that the car deck manufacturers will have to catch up to the changes, which does nothing for you now. You could go the car dock route, and use the device itself to control the audio streaming to your car stereo over BT. That doesn't make the bad taste go away, but it should get you the music control you want.