1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Home Screen Restarts

Anyone else notice a problem where transitioning from an app back home, or sometimes unlocking the screen, causes all of the home screens to "restart"? By restart I mean blank out and restart the icon's and/or widgets that were supposed to be there? This happens enough to be a bit irritating. Not sure if others are having the same problem and even better know what causes this.

Default Re: Home Screen Restarts

this happens alot when I use Chrome or and browser? anyone know a solution for this?

ROM
    Stock

This also happens to me most often when backing out of Chrome.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No chrome on my phone. Does anyone have suggestions that deal with this?

This is the launcher re-loading. If you are coming from an app that uses lots of memory, especially thanks to the Sense memory tweaks, this will happen. This is not a bug, just the way it is with a "heavy" launcher. You could try another launcher like Nova, but there is no guarantee it will not happen there as well. The longer you are away from your homescreen and the more memory intensive the app(s) you have running, the more likely this will happen. Very common after dumping from a game, or something equally as intensive. Less common if you are not using the Sense launcher. At the least, delete any screens you do not use to lessen the impact.

Chrome has been the suck for a long time now on not just this device for me, but on my tablet and across Sense/AOSP. I have gone back to the normal browser and only enable Chrome to test new releases in the hopes it is better.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Appreciate the explanation loraque. Don't play games, but I know some of the stuff i use have some size

This has started in recent weeks for me (I know Chrome has updated at least once). It's REALLY annoying, and beyond that the Chrome updates have felt like a step backwards as the search bar seems to be having issues pulling history and playing nice with SwiftKey.