1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T HTC One X Bootloop help

So yesterday after trying for weeks i finally was able to unlock my bootloader, root my phone, and install a custom recovery. I installed twrp 2.6 to my phone, the first thing i did when i was in twrp was backup my phone there were no problems backing it up. Then i tried to install the team revolution jelly bean rom the first time i flash the rom i didn't flash the boot.img in fastboot, the rom started installing but crashed to then i realized i had to flash the boot.img then i did i tried flashing the rom again and it crashed again after that i went back into recovery i tried to flash the rom again however there was just a prolonged please wait message on my screen so i held the power button down and shut my phone down my phone wouldn't boot past the quetly brilliant screen so then i went back into recovery and restored the backup but still my phone is stuck in a boootloop i know this might be a little confusing but this is the best way i can explain what happened any help would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Talking Re: AT&T HTC One X Bootloop help

Hey man I think I've had this problem before. So your saying you flashed the boot.img of the rom? If you made the backup before you flashed the rom (like you made the backup when you were still on the original AT&T os) then this will work. OK so the backup does not boot because it looks for the original ATT boot but it doesn't know where to find it because you changed it ( you flashed the other ROMs boot.img.) So here is what you do. This works if you were on the 3.18 update. Download this boot.img: This is the boot.img from a stock 3.18 rom. now go to where your sdk folder is ( if you need the sdk here it is: ) and put the boot.img file in the folder that says "platform-tools." Put your phone in bootloader mode by turning it off and then hold the power+volume down to get into bootloader. Connect it to your pc because you will need command prompt. navigate using the volume buttons to where it says fastboot in the menu. Once in wait until it changes to FASTBOOT USB Now, go the command prompt and direct it to the platform tools folder. Type in: fastboot flash boot boot.img. Then let it finish and then go back to your twrp and do a factory reset. Then reinstall the backup. Boot again the booting process might take a while so be patient.

If it still does not boot, try going back to fastboot and then type "fastboot erase cache" in the cmd. Then reflash the boot.img again and see if it boots.

Good luck!
    Last edited by wizzrah; 10-02-2013 at 08:44 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: AT&T HTC One X Bootloop help

I had the exact same problem as op, and your solution finally got my phone working again. Thanks for posting!!!

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by horsefish View Post
    I had the exact same problem as op, and your solution finally got my phone working again. Thanks for posting!!!
    Happy to help!

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app
    “It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I think I might have the same problem. Except: My phone is HTC One X Plus, and I wasn't trying to root it or anything. It was in my pocket and it was raining hard, and the battery was very low, and it turned off. And after that it started turning on and off, and not get past the HTC "Quietly Brilliant" screen. I dont know what to do I've had it only since May....Two whole years to go and its not working. Please help.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Numia900 View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to this forum, but I think I might have the same problem. Except: My phone is HTC One X Plus, and I wasn't trying to root it or anything. It was in my pocket and it was raining hard, and the battery was very low, and it turned off. And after that it started turning on and off, and not get past the HTC "Quietly Brilliant" screen. I dont know what to do I've had it only since May....Two whole years to go and its not working. Please help.
    So you've tried to charge it again?

Yes, I did, and as soon as I plugged it in, it turned on to the HTC Quietly brilliant screen and a few seconds later it turned off. And all over again ever since. When I unplug it, it still keeps going with the loop, until I assume it runs out of whatever juice it had in it. I suspect that it has trouble charging...When I get to the screen with three Androids, which lasts for a few seconds as well, I can see a red message saying " battery too low to flash".
    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    So you've tried to charge it again?

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Yes, I did, and as soon as I plugged it in, it turned on to the HTC Quietly brilliant screen and a few seconds later it turned off. And all over again ever since. When I unplug it, it still keeps going with the loop, until I assume it runs out of whatever juice it had in it. I suspect that it has trouble charging...When I get to the screen with three Androids, which lasts for a few seconds as well, I can see a red message saying " battery too low to flash".
    Sorry but I've never heard of this before. Try searching for a one x+ forum. : ( Does it mention anything about RSD Protocol?

I seriously don't know what to do.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I seriously don't know what to do.
    So it starts to bootloop even when you plug it in? Can you access bootloader mode?

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    “It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Yes it bootloops even when I plug it in. I can access bootloader mode and I've tried everything- recovery, factory reset. BUT: the weirdest thing happened last night. So I was desperately trying everything, and I was holding the power button down and then plugged in the power cord. And the HTC Logo shows up, and this time it goes to the ATT logo, and I released the power button, and it somehow got to the lockscreen! And I got into my phone, and it was 2%battery, but the weirdest thing was that everything was still there. Factory reset actually never happened. And it turned off again by itself and went to the boot loop again. I got to my homescreen like that a few more times, and once I just held the power button while in homescreen and then clicked power off, hoping that it would just normally turn off and charge, but it stayed off for maybe a minute and turned on by itself again and bootlooped.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Yes it bootloops even when I plug it in. I can access bootloader mode and I've tried everything- recovery, factory reset. BUT: the weirdest thing happened last night. So I was desperately trying everything, and I was holding the power button down and then plugged in the power cord. And the HTC Logo shows up, and this time it goes to the ATT logo, and I released the power button, and it somehow got to the lockscreen! And I got into my phone, and it was 2%battery, but the weirdest thing was that everything was still there. Factory reset actually never happened. And it turned off again by itself and went to the boot loop again. I got to my homescreen like that a few more times, and once I just held the power button while in homescreen and then clicked power off, hoping that it would just normally turn off and charge, but it stayed off for maybe a minute and turned on by itself again and bootlooped.
    Alright, try this. Download this and unzip it. Click on Run or Run.bat. Now connect you phone to the computer. Boot into bootloader and go to fastboot. Then in the run.bat type "fastboot oem rebootRUU" just like that. Now you should see just an HTC logo after that. Now disconnect it from your computer and quickly connect it to a wall.
    Don't do anything else. Leave it alone as you would with a charging phone. Then in IDK maybe an hour or so disconnect it, power it down, and try to get to the home screen again. Contact me if you encounter anything.
    -Wizzrah.

OK I did as you told me, and I got the HTC Screen. Its now plugged into the wall, but the boot looper is still going. Attachment 81387 thats the message I got, just so you can see if something's not right.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

OK I did as you told me, and I got the HTC Screen. Its now plugged into the wall, but the boot looper is still going. Attachment 81387 thats the message I got, just so you can see if something's not right.
    I cant see it

Attachment 81434
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T HTC One X Bootloop help-untitled.jpg  

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

The bootloop is still persisting? Did you do the command while you were in bootloader? Have you been able to access your phone again?

Yea man, still persisting. I opened my phone and entered the bootloader, and then fastboot. And then I entered the command on the PC and the message said ok. I'm not really sure anymore because I can't get to the homescreen. Today I actually got to it once and I even got to set up my email and stuff- the phone finally got factory reset, everything got deleted.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Yea man, still persisting. I opened my phone and entered the bootloader, and then fastboot. And then I entered the command on the PC and the message said ok. I'm not really sure anymore because I can't get to the homescreen. Today I actually got to it once and I even got to set up my email and stuff- the phone finally got factory reset, everything got deleted.
    So it's working or not working?

I'm sorry, no its not working. I meant to say, I got to homescreen, the phone was reset, but the battery, even though it was charging, never went past 2%, and then the phone shut off again and went to boot loop.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I'm sorry, no its not working. I meant to say, I got to homescreen, the phone was reset, but the battery, even though it was charging, never went past 2%, and then the phone shut off again and went to boot loop.
    Hmmm I'll get back to you shortly. I'll have to research it a bit more. So if you boot into bootloader, does it still bootloop even if you just leave it in bootloader?

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I dont know if this will exactly work but you can try reflashing the RUU. It's right but it says you need atleast 30% battery. It's up to you. I'm running out of ideas here.
    Have you been able to get back in? Is it still bootlooping? It might be the battery? ...

OMG THANK YOU!

I've been sitting here freaking out that my phone was totally borked...and you came and saved the day. Many thanks good sir.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by xthechar View Post
    OMG THANK YOU!

I've been sitting here freaking out that my phone was totally borked...and you came and saved the day. Many thanks good sir.
    no problem glad I could help!