Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep!

57 74.03%
  • Nu-uh! I need more help!

20 25.97%
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #301  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Quote Originally Posted by azmonster574 View Post
    it says that my adb is out of date?????
    Yes it says that sometimes, Will work on a fix for it.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #302  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Quote Originally Posted by madcat8686 View Post
    I trucked right through step by step and successfully got the bootloader unlocked and the phone rooted. Then I got stuck on the S-Off. I tried this several times paying very close attention. I get the same errors as the above poster. I get "FAILED (remote:99 unknown failure)" instead of 92. I tried your fix above and got the same error.

I also am getting this as well: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for America/Chicago! couldn't find any tzdata when looking for America/GMT! couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
    No idea what happened. I am pleased that I have come this far. I was hoping to flash a ROM but not sure how to get past this. Thanks.

Will have a fix for this soon. Sometimes the tool can be unreliable. So usually this fixes this. Again I'm just going to reiterate the steps.
    When you get to the step where you have to type "fastboot oem rebootRUU" in bootloader mode, type "fastboot oem writecid 11111111" instead and then reboot the phone. Then go back to bootloader and then proceed with s off. Flash the onex.zip again and all that stuff. Let me know if you still cannot get rid of that error 99.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #303  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Quote Originally Posted by azmonster574 View Post
    it says that my adb is out of date?????
    Also what step are you doing?

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #304  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

I trucked right through step by step and successfully got the bootloader unlocked and the phone rooted. Then I got stuck on the S-Off. I tried this several times paying very close attention. I get the same errors as the above poster. I get "FAILED (remote:99 unknown failure)" instead of 92. I tried your fix above and got the same error.

I also am getting this as well: couldn't find any tzdata when looking for America/Chicago! couldn't find any tzdata when looking for America/GMT! couldn't find any tzdata when looking for posixrules!
    No idea what happened. I am pleased that I have come this far. I was hoping to flash a ROM but not sure how to get past this. Thanks.
    Also I'm in the process of simplifying the guide even more. If you can wait 1 or 2 more days, I should get you fixed with a much simpler way to do things. I will appreciate your patience!!

quicksilver53 likes this.

Hi there,

I've been following the instructions in the first post, but like the user above, I'm getting Failure 99 errors on S-Off. It'll give me the pop up for Super SU, and I'll click grant, but when the bootloader reboots, it still says S-On.

I tried your solution, but it didn't work for me. I'm not sure if I'm just trying the workaround wrong, or what. Like do you reboot the phone in the bootloader? Because that's what I'd been doing and still nada.

I see you wrote that you're working on other options. But for now, any suggestions?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #306  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by IcyD View Post
    Hi there,

I've been following the instructions in the first post, but like the user above, I'm getting Failure 99 errors on S-Off. It'll give me the pop up for Super SU, and I'll click grant, but when the bootloader reboots, it still says S-On.

I tried your solution, but it didn't work for me. I'm not sure if I'm just trying the workaround wrong, or what. Like do you reboot the phone in the bootloader? Because that's what I'd been doing and still nada.

I see you wrote that you're working on other options. But for now, any suggestions?

Yes I am currently try new methods to simplify and make this process as easy as possible without any trouble. I'm trying to minimize the number of steps and eventually in the process, make things easier for everyone. So I don't know if my update will work for you but as of now I believe the adb tool is the cause of problems. For now you can try these things. Make sure you have htc sync uninstalled, as this will cause conflict with any other programs using adb such as the tool. Second, make sure to typed the command right. It should be "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"

I'd been copying it straight from here as a second option, so pretty sure it's getting in there the right way!

It's no rush though. Mostly I'd wanted the root, which I got, and I wouldn't have got if it weren't for this guide, so I cannot thank you enough.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #308  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

I'd been copying it straight from here as a second option, so pretty sure it's getting in there the right way!

It's no rush though. Mostly I'd wanted the root, which I got, and I wouldn't have got if it weren't for this guide, so I cannot thank you enough.
    Im literally seconds away from posting the new method.

Being patient is too easy. Take as long as you need. I'm still having fun with my rooted phone. I'll try some of your suggestions here. I did have HTC sync running and that may very well have been it. Even if I don't get S-Off, I'll still be happy with the bootloader unlock and the root. Cheers!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #310  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

I have updated the guide!!! It's a little messy right now, but I will fix it later. Download the new file up top. Get rid of the minimal tools. Uninstall it. Get rid of it please.

Drag the new file to your desktop. Inside this new file, there is one called "Tools"

Take the tools folder and drag it to your desktop.

Open it.

Copy the directory to this folder. If you dont know how to, read the guide.

Go to cmd

Type "cd *the directory you copied*" and press enter.

Now try to do s-off with this prompt. There is no need for any of the other files as all the files necessary for s-off are pre loaded in the tools folder.

If you get the error 99 again. Try the "fastboot oem writecid 11111111" again using this.

Let me know if you get s-off or continue to get the error.

If you "adb is out of date" or something like that, do ctrl+alt+ delete and go to services and kill "adb.exe" and continue on.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #311  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Being patient is too easy. Take as long as you need. I'm still having fun with my rooted phone. I'll try some of your suggestions here. I did have HTC sync running and that may very well have been it. Even if I don't get S-Off, I'll still be happy with the bootloader unlock and the root. Cheers!
    But you still won't have the luxury of flashing a ROM. Try it now with my updated guide

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

I uninstalled HTC sync and followed the new instructions, still no S-Off. I tried several times a few different ways (following your method first) and I noticed when I rebooted I saw this in the lines:
    Device CID is super CID
    CID is super CID
    Backup CID is CWS__001
    setting->cid::CWS__001
    Any ideas? I still get: FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
    I am definitely unlocked and rooted.
    Thanks again wizzrah
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #313  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

I uninstalled HTC sync and followed the new instructions, still no S-Off. I tried several times a few different ways (following your method first) and I noticed when I rebooted I saw this in the lines:
    Device CID is super CID
    CID is super CID
    Backup CID is CWS__001
    setting->cid::CWS__001
    Any ideas? I still get: FAILED (remote: 99 unknown fail)
    I am definitely unlocked and rooted.
    Thanks again wizzrah
    This is the way it is suppose to be. Also make a backup right now in recovery. I'm running out of ideas, but maybe you could factory reset in recovery? And try again? Also do you think maybe I could get your email or something?

Last edited by wizzrah; 10-17-2013 at 06:32 AM.

i'll try the new options as soon as I can, after work.

What sucks is I think you *need* a custom rom on HTC One X from ATT because even though I'm rooted and used titanium backup to delete the bloatware apps, every time I restart my phone the apps appear back again when it boots up. It's frustrating. <_<
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #315  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

i'll try the new options as soon as I can, after work.

What sucks is I think you *need* a custom rom on HTC One X from ATT because even though I'm rooted and used titanium backup to delete the bloatware apps, every time I restart my phone the apps appear back again when it boots up. It's frustrating. <_<
    Yeah that's the downside.

ok. I'm good now. I don't think you are going to like my fix. I wiped the rom, cache, dalvik, etc. basically a factory reset. I put a rom on the SD card (I made a rom folder for this). I installed the rom with TWRP. I got back to the bootloader and flashed the kernal (fastboot install). The rom booted up just fine and I basically continued following your process from the beginning. I am now S-Off. Thank you very much indeed. I suppose there may be an easier fix for the 99 thing (I got a code 90 this time but it still worked.) Anyway, THANKS AGAIN!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #317  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

ok. I'm good now. I don't think you are going to like my fix. I wiped the rom, cache, dalvik, etc. basically a factory reset. I put a rom on the SD card (I made a rom folder for this). I installed the rom with TWRP. I got back to the bootloader and flashed the kernal (fastboot install). The rom booted up just fine and I basically continued following your process from the beginning. I am now S-Off. Thank you very much indeed. I suppose there may be an easier fix for the 99 thing (I got a code 90 this time but it still worked.) Anyway, THANKS AGAIN!
    No problem. Happy flashing!

i did the steps until i logged in and got the long list of numbers. i didnt know how to copy and i abanded it. what do i need to do now?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #319  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Decker View Post
    i did the steps until i logged in and got the long list of numbers. i didnt know how to copy and i abanded it. what do i need to do now?
    Right click and select mark. High light the necessary things. Then hit enter. This is how you copy in cmd.

Is this compatible with the one X+?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #321  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by daboy View Post
    Is this compatible with the one X+?
    If you read it, it is for the Evita one xl. So unfortunately no. Don't try this on the one x+

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    If you read it, it is for the Evita one xl. So unfortunately no. Don't try this on the one x+

Thanks
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #323  

Global Posts
    4,216 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by daboy View Post
    Thanks
    What model of the one x+ do you have?

AT&T US version. Is that what you are looking for?

Actually, I did this with my AT&T One X+ and everything works except for S-Off.
    Thanked by:
    daboy 
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast