Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep!

57 74.03%
  • Nu-uh! I need more help!

20 25.97%
Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Hey do you get any errors with the v1.0.1 toolkit?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    Same exact thing.
    Still get error 99
    Nothing changed still no s off.
    Used toolkit and did exactly as you said.

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app
    Ability is what you are capable of doing,
    Motivation determines what you do,
    Attitude determines how well you do it.
    Confucious

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

The only thing I was successful in doing was updating twrp and superuser. Other than that. No go.

Confucious
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #503  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by arze176 View Post
    The only thing I was successful in doing was updating twrp and superuser. Other than that. No go.

But the toolkit starts up correct? Did you do what I told you to try?

“Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

But the toolkit starts up correct? Did you do what I told you to try?

The toolkit works.
    I updated su and twrp
    After restoring back-up again
    Flashed pj8312000-onex.zip
    And got error 92 message.
    Lost device access to adb when trying to oem boot. Unplugged from computer while in ruu and. Bootloader confirmed soff 're installed drivers for phone.
    Plugged back in and rebooted to bootloader.
    Confirmed soff and supercid 11111111
    Rebooted into recovery and verified updated twrp.
    Reflashed su update zip manually and booted.
    Restored apps with titanium back-up rebooted to recovery then boot loader to confirm soff.
    It stuck and su is active and working.
    No problems as of yet.
    I veered away from your instructions but it worked. Hopefully it works better for everyone else.
    Thanks for your help and support.
    Much appreciated

Confucious
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #505  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

The toolkit works.
    I updated su and twrp
    After restoring back-up again
    Flashed pj8312000-onex.zip
    And got error 92 message.
    Lost device access to adb when trying to oem boot. Unplugged from computer while in ruu and. Bootloader confirmed soff 're installed drivers for phone.
    Plugged back in and rebooted to bootloader.
    Confirmed soff and supercid 11111111
    Rebooted into recovery and verified updated twrp.
    Reflashed su update zip manually and booted.
    Restored apps with titanium back-up rebooted to recovery then boot loader to confirm soff.
    It stuck and su is active and working.
    No problems as of yet.
    I veered away from your instructions but it worked. Hopefully it works better for everyone else.
    Thanks for your help and support.
    Much appreciated

Thats great news! : D Have fun flashing roms!
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Thanked by:

Default Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Do you have windows 7?
    yes sir im on Windows 7
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #507  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Quote Originally Posted by classic_omg View Post
    yes sir im on Windows 7
    You're the one that had trouble with s off correct? Try reflashing supersu then try s off again.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

I have kind of a noob question. Feel stupid for asking.
    Is hboot and radio the same thing I thought I was supposed to have 3.18 but I have 2.14 that's what it says on bootloader (2.14).
    So how do I get 3.18 can I download a zip and flash in recovery?

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    Confucious
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #509  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

Is hboot and radio the same thing I thought I was supposed to have 3.18 but I have 2.14 that's what it says on bootloader (2.14).

No, you are fine. 3.18 is referring to the version of the new AT&T kernel.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #510  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

Make sure to make a backup before flashing anything!

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Motochopper must return super cid 11111111 xploit successfully before token can be submitted and make sure to copy and paste correct info. Took me at least three times

Confucious
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #512  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

Good point, but this didn't flash a lot of anything... It just pushed files I believe.

hey, I have done the Bootloader unlock successfully. When I m trying to Flash TWRP it is showing "error: more than one device and emulator" and it is showing "Waiting for Device", can u plz help me with this issue...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #514  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kgorthy View Post
    hey, I have done the Bootloader unlock successfully. When I m trying to Flash TWRP it is showing "error: more than one device and emulator" and it is showing "Waiting for Device", can u plz help me with this issue...
    Go to the task manager (Ctrl+alt+delete) and go to processes. End all processes that are named "adb.exe." It should fix it.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Fyi I think I resolved data drops and reboots on magio Rom idk if the same applies to others

Confucious
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #516  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

Fyi I think I resolved data drops and reboots on magio Rom idk if the same applies to others

Im using cleanrom 7 with the beastmode 3.5 kernel.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Im using cleanrom 7 with the beastmode 3.5 kernel.

Maybe that's the kernel to fix it then cause that's what I'm using with magio.
    Just thought id throw that our there.

Confucious

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

If I may ask what are your cpu and governor settings

Confucious
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #519  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

If I may ask what are your cpu and governor settings

Powersave. Currently clocked at 1.0ghz and max cpu frequency is 1.3ghz. I occasionally put it at 1.7ghz for cpu intense situations like 1080p playback.

arze176 likes this.

Wizzrah, I popped back in to let you know I used your tool kit on a friend's HTC One X and we cruised right through the process. We went on to flash CleanRom 7 and the Beast Mode kernel (awesome combination). All I can say is, Outstanding! I am running the exact same set up and I love it.

On a side note (*close your eyes if you are new to modding your phone*) I flashed Hboot 2.15 after doing research in the XDA forums about boot loops and random reboots. I was getting the same with CyanogenMod. The recommendation I found was to go with the Beast Mode kernel and/or Hboot 2.15. I chose to go with the combo and it works great. After a week of use I have not had a reboot, boot loop, erratic battery, or signal problem. I believe that the 4.3 roms lack a kernel that can support them properly as Beast Mode will support 4.2 but not 4.3 yet. But on the bright side there is talk of the new 4.3 carrier release providing the "magic" that prevents these problems.

Anyway, once again, awesome product! My hat is off to you and your hard work!
    Thanked by 2:
    arze176 and wizzrah like this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #521  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by madcat8686 View Post
    Wizzrah, I popped back in to let you know I used your tool kit on a friend's HTC One X and we cruised right through the process. We went on to flash CleanRom 7 and the Beast Mode kernel (awesome combination). All I can say is, Outstanding! I am running the exact same set up and I love it.

On a side note (*close your eyes if you are new to modding your phone*) I flashed Hboot 2.15 after doing research in the XDA forums about boot loops and random reboots. I was getting the same with CyanogenMod. The recommendation I found was to go with the Beast Mode kernel and/or Hboot 2.15. I chose to go with the combo and it works great. After a week of use I have not had a reboot, boot loop, erratic battery, or signal problem. I believe that the 4.3 roms lack a kernel that can support them properly as Beast Mode will support 4.2 but not 4.3 yet. But on the bright side there is talk of the new 4.3 carrier release providing the "magic" that prevents these problems.

Anyway, once again, awesome product! My hat is off to you and your hard work!
    Thanks! I really appreciate the thanks for my hard work. Yes Beastmode should fix the problem with any bootloops. It's a wonderful kernel. And Cleanrom is by far the most stable experience so far. For stock roms, there are kernels out there for 4.3, but I have not tried it yet. Be careful when flashing hboots, and always make a backup before flashing anything! Come back if you have any problems and or questions!

Thanked by:

Listen to wizzra.. he rocks! Lol. Did u get success yet tantan?

... why am i getting this when tryin to s-off

< waiting for device >
    (bootloader) Start Verify: 3
    OKAY [ 0.064s]
    finished. total time: 0.064s

E:\Softwares\Android\HTC_One_XL\Wizzrah's Evita Toolkit v1.0.1 Bin>fastboot fla
    h zip PJ8312000-OneX.zip
    < waiting for device >
    sending 'zip' (36064 KB)...
    OKAY [ 2.940s]
    writing 'zip'...
    (bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
    FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)
    finished. total time: 3.045s

E:\Softwares\Android\HTC_One_XL\Wizzrah's Evita Toolkit v1.0.1 Bin>fastboot oem
    boot
    FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
    finished. total time: 0.885s ...
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #524  

Global Posts
    4,066 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish_Angel View Post
    ... why am i getting this when tryin to s-off

< waiting for device >
    (bootloader) Start Verify: 3
    OKAY [ 0.064s]
    finished. total time: 0.064s

E:\Softwares\Android\HTC_One_XL\Wizzrah's Evita Toolkit v1.0.1 Bin>fastboot fla
    h zip PJ8312000-OneX.zip
    < waiting for device >
    sending 'zip' (36064 KB)...
    OKAY [ 2.940s]
    writing 'zip'...
    (bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
    FAILED (remote: 92 supercid! please flush image again immediately)
    finished. total time: 3.045s

E:\Softwares\Android\HTC_One_XL\Wizzrah's Evita Toolkit v1.0.1 Bin>fastboot oem
    boot
    FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
    finished. total time: 0.885s ...

What seems to be the problem?

... not getting s-off ...
Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast