Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep!

57 74.03%
  • Nu-uh! I need more help!

20 25.97%
Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Default Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

thanks again
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #652  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Default Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Quote Originally Posted by kiddkr96 View Post
    thanks again
    Sure, no problem.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn

(0xc000007b) error Fixed.... JUST UPDATE THE .NET TO THE LATEST VERSION... THERE YOU GO WITH THE TOOLKIT (no matter its 64-bit or 32-bit)..

THANKs TO MY BRAIN

By the way Thank you WIZZRAH
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #654  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jahe En View Post
    (0xc000007b) error Fixed.... JUST UPDATE THE .NET TO THE LATEST VERSION... THERE YOU GO WITH THE TOOLKIT (no matter its 64-bit or 32-bit)..

THANKs TO MY BRAIN

By the way Thank you WIZZRAH
    Ah ok. I'll give a link to the latest version

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    It might be, but I'm not necessarily sure. I suggested the HTC cable to guarantee that it works.

Hey wizzrah, let me begin by thanking you for all your efforts creating this toolkit and helping us common noobs. Now my problem....
    I downloaded your toolkit and got thru the process of getting my unlock code from HTC. Oh, im trying to root my ATT One X. Now, before I unlocked the bootloader, I paused to think about losing all my data and so I cannot seem to proceed. All I want to do is root my phone so I can remove the crappy ATT bloatware. Now if there were an easier solution to this than rooting, im all ears. But is there a way to root my ATT One X without having to unlock my bootloader? I actually tried a different method that did something and now my bootloader shows up as tampered but still locked and unrooted. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #656  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Quote Originally Posted by vapourtrailz View Post
    Hey wizzrah, let me begin by thanking you for all your efforts creating this toolkit and helping us common noobs. Now my problem....
    I downloaded your toolkit and got thru the process of getting my unlock code from HTC. Oh, im trying to root my ATT One X. Now, before I unlocked the bootloader, I paused to think about losing all my data and so I cannot seem to proceed. All I want to do is root my phone so I can remove the crappy ATT bloatware. Now if there were an easier solution to this than rooting, im all ears. But is there a way to root my ATT One X without having to unlock my bootloader? I actually tried a different method that did something and now my bootloader shows up as tampered but still locked and unrooted. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
    None that I have heard of I'm afraid. Unlocking the bootloader is required to flash recovery which then can flash supersu. You can't just install supersu then rooting would be so easy lol

None that I have heard of I'm afraid. Unlocking the bootloader is required to flash recovery which then can flash supersu. You can't just install supersu then rooting would be so easy lol
    Go for it vapourtrailz. wizzrah's toolkit is an excellent tool. Make sure you have your google account enabled to back up you photos, videos, contacts/ph numbers and that Google Play Store remembers your apps. Once you are rooted & you try an alternate rom, you'll wonder why you never did it sooner.

Now for the usual disclaimer. If you are not the adventurous type & are afraid you'll jack up your phone... this may not be for you nor will I be able to fix it. That being said, I myself have had 6 Android phones, have rooted them all & have also rooted for many friends and fams. Have not a bricked phone yet. Your mileage may vary :-) Hope I didn't scare you off & that you enjoy the screenshots of my rooted AT&T HTC One X running CleanROM 7.0 P1

UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)-screenshot_2013-11-19-15-30-09.png UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)-screenshot_2013-11-19-15-36-37.png UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)-screenshot_2013-11-19-09-48-31.png
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #658  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by haddog#WN View Post
    Go for it vapourtrailz. wizzrah's toolkit is an excellent tool. Make sure you have your google account enabled to back up you photos, videos, contacts/ph numbers and that Google Play Store remembers your apps. Once you are rooted & you try an alternate rom, you'll wonder why you never did it sooner.

Now for the usual disclaimer. If you are not the adventurous type & are afraid you'll jack up your phone... this may not be for you nor will I be able to fix it. That being said, I myself have had 6 Android phones, have rooted them all & have also rooted for many friends and fams. Have not a bricked phone yet. Your mileage may vary :-) Hope I didn't scare you off & that you enjoy the screenshots of my rooted AT&T HTC One X running CleanROM 7.0 P1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-15-30-09.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	92777 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-15-36-37.png 
Size:	734.5 KB 
ID:	92775 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-09-48-31.png 
Size:	333.2 KB 
ID:	92776
    EWWWW BLINKFEED :P Thank you for the kind words!

Awesome work wizzrah! Easily the best kit I've used.

So I was having the random reboot/data loss issue, so I flashed beastmode. Looks good so far. I left beastmode settings at default, how do I get back in to experiment with clock speed, etc?

Thanks again for all your hard work!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #660  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by animositisomina View Post

So I was having the random reboot/data loss issue, so I flashed beastmode. Looks good so far. I left beastmode settings at default, how do I get back in to experiment with clock speed, etc?

You have to download a cpu tuner from the play store. I have my cpu like this (min clock:1.0ghz max clock: 1.3ghz) and if it asks about a governer put it on powersave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by animositisomina View Post

Yes the kernel should fix everything

PLEASE HELP, Someone!!!

Wizzrah, I used your toolkit so I could unlock, root and install a ROM (no blame here, your tool is very helpful and easy to use). I followed your steps but when I tried to flash CM10.1.x my phone entered a boot loop. I restarted after flashing and I got the white HTC boot screen for a few second then my screen went blank and back to the white HTC boot screen. I let it go for a few minutes but it never booted completely. I was able to boot back into recovery and tried wiping again and flashing again but got the same result.
    Now my computer doesn't see my phone if I connect via usb and I can only boot into recovery. If I look at the log it shows cannot mount /sdcard. When I choose reboot the next screen says "no OS installed are you sure you want to reboot/shutdown". Is my HOX screwed or can this be recovered?
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #662  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by ptt4dgh View Post
    PLEASE HELP, Someone!!!

Wizzrah, I used your toolkit so I could unlock, root and install a ROM (no blame here, your tool is very helpful and easy to use). I followed your steps but when I tried to flash CM10.1.x my phone entered a boot loop. I restarted after flashing and I got the white HTC boot screen for a few second then my screen went blank and back to the white HTC boot screen. I let it go for a few minutes but it never booted completely. I was able to boot back into recovery and tried wiping again and flashing again but got the same result.
    Now my computer doesn't see my phone if I connect via usb and I can only boot into recovery. If I look at the log it shows cannot mount /sdcard. When I choose reboot the next screen says "no OS installed are you sure you want to reboot/shutdown". Is my HOX screwed or can this be recovered?
    Did you get s off? Or did you skip that step. Also you would of been fine if you hadn't wiped and flashed again. Now it is going to be much harder. Try uninstalling drivers on your computer and then download and reinstall drivers again.

Thanked by:

Did you get s off? Or did you skip that step. Also you would of been fine if you hadn't wiped and flashed again. Now it is going to be much harder. Try uninstalling drivers on your computer and then download and reinstall drivers again.

Yes, I did get S Off. I made sure to go through each of the steps in your tool. After doing some searching this morning, some threads on xda are showing similar if not the same problems I'm having. I think my second wipe I included sdcard and system also. Looks like that is why I have no OS now (which makes sense). I should have restored after the first try and went to bed since it was late last night, . I'll check my device manager on my computer and delete and reinstall the drivers when I get home from work today. Thanks for the help.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #664  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Yes, I did get S Off. I made sure to go through each of the steps in your tool. After doing some searching this morning, some threads on xda are showing similar if not the same problems I'm having. I think my second wipe I included sdcard and system also. Looks like that is why I have no OS now (which makes sense). I should have restored after the first try and went to bed since it was late last night, . I'll check my device manager on my computer and delete and reinstall the drivers when I get home from work today. Thanks for the help.
    Ok

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Ok

I thought I read somewhere that cyanogen needs to have either downgraded hboot or something like that. Not sure if that's it but I thought that was how to get cm10 to work.

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    Ability is what you are capable of doing,
    Motivation determines what you do,
    Attitude determines how well you do it.
    Confucious

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arze176 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that cyanogen needs to have either downgraded hboot or something like that. Not sure if that's it but I thought that was how to get cm10 to work.

Also if you mount usb storage from recovery it will recognize device it just takes a while cause of no os installed

Confucious
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #667  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by arze176 View Post

Mmmm not 10.2 though. I don't remember about 10.1 though.

I'll definitely try when I get home later today. My thought since I started getting the "no OS installed" error was if I can mount the phone I can get the OS/ROM back on it and installed. Also, I downloaded the Carbon ROM from Wizzrah's list on his website which I will try in place of cyanogen. Hell at this point I wouldn't care if the phone went back to locked and factory OS. At least I could use it and start over from there. I'll definitely update after I get a chance to try the suggestions later today. Thanks again.

Thanks haddog#WN and wizzrah. Im not really looking to flash a new/different ROM at the moment (I guess im not that adventurous) , I just want to get rid of all the ATT bloatware crap on my phone. How do I make sure the playstore remembers my apps before I flash my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by haddog#WN View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-15-30-09.png 
Size:	360.5 KB 
ID:	92777 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-15-36-37.png 
Size:	734.5 KB 
ID:	92775 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-19-09-48-31.png 
Size:	333.2 KB 
ID:	92776
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #670  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

I'll definitely try when I get home later today. My thought since I started getting the "no OS installed" error was if I can mount the phone I can get the OS/ROM back on it and installed. Also, I downloaded the Carbon ROM from Wizzrah's list on his website which I will try in place of cyanogen. Hell at this point I wouldn't care if the phone went back to locked and factory OS. At least I could use it and start over from there. I'll definitely update after I get a chance to try the suggestions later today. Thanks again.
    No problem!

Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #671  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by vapourtrailz View Post
    Thanks haddog#WN and wizzrah. Im not really looking to flash a new/different ROM at the moment (I guess im not that adventurous) , I just want to get rid of all the ATT bloatware crap on my phone. How do I make sure the playstore remembers my apps before I flash my phone?
    The gmail you use should automatically make a list of apps you installed. You can just install them manually if you have to.

wizzrah is correct vapourtrailz. You should already have a google account set up on your phone. It's a gmail account tied to the Play Store so you can get apps. When you open Play Store you can see what apps you have installed at some point.

I'm able to get my phone to mount now and can transfer the Carbon ROM to my phone. When I install Carbon ROM with TWRP is says successful and I don't see any errors. However when I restart after flashing the phone gets stuck on the white HTC screen. Also, at some point I lost S OFF and bootloader now shows S ON.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #674  

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

I'm able to get my phone to mount now and can transfer the Carbon ROM to my phone. When I install Carbon ROM with TWRP is says successful and I don't see any errors. However when I restart after flashing the phone gets stuck on the white HTC screen. Also, at some point I lost S OFF and bootloader now shows S ON.
    Ok you need to flash the boot image then.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Did you restore from a backup first then flash the rom.

Confucious
Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930 ... LastLast