20 26.67%
Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #801  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Quote Originally Posted by biggunn View Post
    Where can I get the proper HTC drivers as I don't see the links anywhere?

EDIT: OS is Windows 8.1 btw

EDIT 2: I see 8.1 may have issues. DARNIT.
    Download HTC Sync as it has the latest drivers for Windows 8 and 8.1. Use the stock HTC USB Cable and use a USB 2.0 Port.

It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix

Default Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Yeah, just installed it... tried again, still getting stuck on waiting for device while the phone sits at the Bootloader screen

Gonna try it on an older computer with Win 7, will report back.
    Last edited by biggunn; 12-08-2013 at 11:24 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #803  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Yeah, just installed it... tried again, still getting stuck on waiting for device while the phone sits at the Bootloader screen

Windows 7 will most likely work. I have windows 7 enterprise for example. Also try rebooting your computer after installing drivers.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #804  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

If all else fails, use the windows 7 computer.

Unlocked, S-OFF and Rooted... now to install a new ROM

EDIT: Meant to post that earlier, but it didn't go. Have a new ROM and am loving it. Much thanks for this tool!!!!!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #806  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Unlocked, S-OFF and Rooted... now to install a new ROM

EDIT: Meant to post that earlier, but it didn't go. Have a new ROM and am loving it. Much thanks for this tool!!!!!!
    Nice! Have fun flashing!

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #807  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

An update for this toolkit is coming v3.1 with revised instructions to clear some confusion, new color, and new features. I'm also going to edit the layout just a bit.

Where can I get the proper HTC drivers as I don't see the links anywhere?

EDIT: OS is Windows 8.1 btw

EDIT 2: I see 8.1 may have issues. DARNIT.
    If you use HTC sync manager I believe it installs latest ones. Then just uninstall when rooted if you don't like it

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    Ability is what you are capable of doing,
    Motivation determines what you do,
    Attitude determines how well you do it.
    Confucious
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #809  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by arze176 View Post
    If you use HTC sync manager I believe it installs latest ones. Then just uninstall when rooted if you don't like it

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app
    I think the new design is going to be much simpler. I'm also adding a hover over to see info feature for the buttons. That way, you can read what the button is going to do before you click it.

Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #810  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Greetings everyone. I have released v3.1! A lot of work went into this update (over 300 lines of code in Visual Studio). Some of the major features:

-You can now flash a TWRP version for Android 4.4 Roms.
    -Cleaner UI
    -More ADB/Fastboot Commands

For a complete list of changes, look in the updates section of the post.

arze176 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #811  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I'm also working on making my dev website look more friendly.

Thanks, Good job with the toolkit. I finally got my HTC One X (AT&T) to S-Off.
    Tried the other methods, but they didn't work.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #813  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by David Norris View Post
    Thanks, Good job with the toolkit. I finally got my HTC One X (AT&T) to S-Off.
    Tried the other methods, but they didn't work.
    Thanks! Have fun flashing roms!

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #814  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Dang, SuperSU is on v1.85 already. Time flys. Remember guys to check for newer binaries for SuperSU or update SuperSU in the play store after you flash it before you do S-OFF, as you need the latest version. Without the latest binaries, S-OFF will most likely fail. -___-

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #815  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

I'm moving around web hosters again. The website will not be updated for now. I am also considering changing the name of the toolkits. Rather then calling it Wizzrah's Toolkits, I might start a toolkit series called "rToolkit". I might also move the domain again to ".io" or ".sx" instead of ".pw". So many choices, but of course I will still include HTTPS for the website. Next update for the toolkit will come soon as I am splitting the toolkit into two versions, a simple version, and an advanced version. I will minimalize the interface even further, so just wait and see :)

Thanks Wizzrah,

I had to replace my phone (daughter dumped drink on original ONE X) and AT&T gave me one as updated as possible... I got it, but ran into a few snags.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

Got my superCID to 11111111, but after I got the token it failed for error:160 on HTCdev. I checked my SuperCID and found that when your program made the reboot call, it would reset SuperCID back to CW_0001 or whatever it was. I had to open a second CMD, run your program, then let that window open and run the fastboot oem readcid and Fastboot oem get_identifier_token manually. Then I was able to get the HTCdev unlocker. Dunno why is was giving me trouble, but I eventually got it and now I'm back on my feet.

Want to point out that I was also having trouble copying the token from CMD. I've never had that problem with my other phones. I had to copy everything to notepad and delete the (bootloader) lines then copy from there and paste it. stupid, but worked.

I've had new phone for about a week and its making me crazy that it was rooted. I haven't done S-OFF yet. S-OFF was unsuccessful on my old phone so I never bothered. It didn't bother me to load boot.img manually.

Thank you again though. I was nervous I had this 3.18 and was going to be screwed.

S-Off Worked Also!! Thanks Wizzrah for making it easier. And to all the Devs that managed to handle this stupid phone. AT&T are irritating. Androids are meant to be free.

Thanks Again. I usually run ViperXL w/sense 4, but I'm considering Kickdroid. I just hated sense 5 when I had it...
    arze176 likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #818  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by illogicalmind View Post
    Thanks Wizzrah,

I had to replace my phone (daughter dumped drink on original ONE X) and AT&T gave me one as updated as possible... I got it, but ran into a few snags.

Got my superCID to 11111111, but after I got the token it failed for error:160 on HTCdev. I checked my SuperCID and found that when your program made the reboot call, it would reset SuperCID back to CW_0001 or whatever it was. I had to open a second CMD, run your program, then let that window open and run the fastboot oem readcid and Fastboot oem get_identifier_token manually. Then I was able to get the HTCdev unlocker. Dunno why is was giving me trouble, but I eventually got it and now I'm back on my feet.

Want to point out that I was also having trouble copying the token from CMD. I've never had that problem with my other phones. I had to copy everything to notepad and delete the (bootloader) lines then copy from there and paste it. stupid, but worked.

I've had new phone for about a week and its making me crazy that it was rooted. I haven't done S-OFF yet. S-OFF was unsuccessful on my old phone so I never bothered. It didn't bother me to load boot.img manually.

Thank you again though. I was nervous I had this 3.18 and was going to be screwed.
    Fastboot oem boot just reboots the phone. It's just there for the lazy people that don't want to manually boot up. The token should be easy. You just right click in the prompt and select mark. Highlight the token, and then click enter. Should be like that. S-OFF is super helpful when flashing roms. The trouble is worth it

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #819  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

S-Off Worked Also!! Thanks Wizzrah for making it easier. And to all the Devs that managed to handle this stupid phone. AT&T are irritating. Androids are meant to be free.

Thanks Again. I usually run ViperXL w/sense 4, but I'm considering Kickdroid. I just hated sense 5 when I had it...
    Try cleanrom r2 and flash the beastmode kernel 3.5.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #820  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Thanks Wizzrah,

I have identified this issue with "fastboot oem boot." While I never had problems with this command, I will change it to "fastboot reboot" instead.

FYI
    Currently running shoredroid 4.4.2
    Aosp cm11 omni ROM combo
    Hboot is 2.15 s-off
    This is compatible with twrp and cwm as long as they are latest. No issues of instability yet. Just needed to get away from sense.
    Wizzrah. I got some ideas for your ROM if you are interested.
    I thought I would let the community know my standing and phones specs. And stability

Sent from my One X using AC Forums mobile app
    Ability is what you are capable of doing,
    Motivation determines what you do,
    Attitude determines how well you do it.
    Confucious
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #822  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

FYI
    Aosp cm11 omni ROM combo
    Hboot is 2.15 s-off
    This is compatible with twrp and cwm as long as they are latest. No issues of instability yet. Just needed to get away from sense.
    I thought I would let the community know my standing and phones specs. And stability

I haven't been working on my rom lately. I got like 2 "nightlys" out and then stopped lol. I'm working on the toolkits. I think this will be the final change... unless bugs are found or I wanna add more stuff. Other then that, this is it! The next update should come tonight or tomorrow. Then I can get cracking on other toolkits for other phones!

- - - Updated - - -

FYI
    Aosp cm11 omni ROM combo
    Hboot is 2.15 s-off

Also my toolkit will flash a TWRP that supports android 4.4 FYI.

arze176 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Try cleanrom r2 and flash the beastmode kernel 3.5.

I think I'm going to wait until they get Sense 5.5 so I can disable blinkfeed. Appreciate it though.

I did Mark and copy the Token, but I don't know why it wouldn't paste it to HTCdev. It pasted fine to notepad. Annoying little stuff. I didn't take the time to figure it out. Just did it the other way. Thanks Again. I was going nuts without having Root
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #824  

Global Posts
    2,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

I think I'm going to wait until they get Sense 5.5 so I can disable blinkfeed. Appreciate it though.

I did Mark and copy the Token, but I don't know why it wouldn't paste it to HTCdev. It pasted fine to notepad. Annoying little stuff. I didn't take the time to figure it out. Just did it the other way. Thanks Again. I was going nuts without having Root
    I think kickdroid rom lets you disable BlinkFeed. But I don't remember. Also you don't have to wait for anything because there's so many roms to try! I recommend you have at least have 1 backup in recovery and wipe before flashing any rom.

Thanked by:
    arze176 likes this.

You can disable Blinkfeed on CleanROM. It asks you when running it for the first time if you want Traditional or New. Choose Traditional, and it is gone (so far as I can tell). I do load a new launcher first thing too, but pretty sure it was gone with that first question.
Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 ... LastLast