UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)

Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

I ran motochopper again, and finally got my CID to all ones. When I got the token this time, it worked. Thanks for the help!
Good now proceed with the unlocking of the bootloader!!!! and all the other good stuff!!!

ja12

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

Hello!
No joy here- can't get the CID to all 1's.
Running 3.18.502.6 710RD, 4.1.1, AT&T.
Toolkit 3.0.1, W7 Pro, debug mode
I tried 2b.,motochopper several times but just I get the tampered/locked screen with no changes to CID.
Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hello!
No joy here- can't get the CID to all 1's.
Running 3.18.502.6 710RD, 4.1.1, AT&T.
Toolkit 3.0.1, W7 Pro, debug mode
I tried 2b.,motochopper several times but just I get the tampered/locked screen with no changes to CID.
Thanks

Keep trying, if it persists PM me.

macstarvo

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Hey all. Wizzrah, if you are the one to develop this you're a badass.Tonight I took a shot at rooting, again, after the Jellybean OTA update. I rooted my one XL (USA) a year ago but did not unlock the bootloader. I did it so I could play some particular games and run Titanium Backup. Worked great and when the OTA update came out I decided to let the update overtake the root. That was fine and I continued to use my phone with limited use until I saw your post here. I decided I'd finally give in and try for the whole bootloader AND root unlock just so I can get back to where I wanted with a phone completely mine along with having 4.1.1

TL:DR My history for asking is above: My problem is here: I tried running your program today and ran into some issues. I'm getting errors after motochopper and that seems to be stopping to the CID creation (the real stuff ya know). I'm not a developer but I come from a desktop support and network admin background so please don't worry about laymens. I just am stumped at what the excutable is doing at the point of error and I'm hoping you can help me. Feel free to talk to me about it if you have more questions about my setup. The laptop I'm using to connect is Win7Pro64 and a work laptop but I'm a local admin and I made sure to run the program as admin. The file is saved with no spaces as you indicated. That's all I have right now. Thank you.

So the step that I was expecting in that second picture is to see the CID but I guess the errors are keeping something from writing to the phone. My drivers are working because HTC Sync is showing my files on the PC, in case that would come up.

-Chris
9-10-2013 7-03-02 PM.png photo.jpg

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey all. Wizzrah, if you are the one to develop this you're a badass.Tonight I took a shot at rooting, again, after the Jellybean OTA update. I rooted my one XL (USA) a year ago but did not unlock the bootloader. I did it so I could play some particular games and run Titanium Backup. Worked great and when the OTA update came out I decided to let the update overtake the root. That was fine and I continued to use my phone with limited use until I saw your post here. I decided I'd finally give in and try for the whole bootloader AND root unlock just so I can get back to where I wanted with a phone completely mine along with having 4.1.1

TL:DR My history for asking is above: My problem is here: I tried running your program today and ran into some issues. I'm getting errors after motochopper and that seems to be stopping to the CID creation (the real stuff ya know). I'm not a developer but I come from a desktop support and network admin background so please don't worry about laymens. I just am stumped at what the excutable is doing at the point of error and I'm hoping you can help me. Feel free to talk to me about it if you have more questions about my setup. The laptop I'm using to connect is Win7Pro64 and a work laptop but I'm a local admin and I made sure to run the program as admin. The file is saved with no spaces as you indicated. That's all I have right now. Thank you.

So the step that I was expecting in that second picture is to see the CID but I guess the errors are keeping something from writing to the phone. My drivers are working because HTC Sync is showing my files on the PC, in case that would come up.

-Chris
View attachment 80406 View attachment 80407

Hi there, so it's not working for you either? I wonder why so many are having trouble, but do this. Download android sdk, if you have it good, if you don't just Google android sdk and it should be the first link. Now drag that sdk folder to your c: drive. In the folder should be another folder called platform tools. In command prompt, point it towards the platform tools folder (cd c:/ etc.) Then connect your phone. Once connected type, "adb reboot bootloader" and the wait until it is in bootloader or just manually do it by turning the phone off and then hold the power plus volume down. Now once in it should say hboot, so navigate using the volume buttons to fastboot. Once in, wait until it says fastboot usb. Then type in the prompt, "fastboot getvar cid" and pm me the results.

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

macstarvo

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Hey Wizzrah,

Thanks for the assist. I did as you asked and got into the platform tools. I didn't see a getvar command for adb so I tried fastboot getvar cid and mid and got that to work. Check the screenshot and let me know if that is what you were asking for. That CID below matches the one Motochopper showed (in the screenshot). Also I don't think it matters but I start in Fastboot when I go to the bootloader. That screen above of my BL is exactly what it shows when it comes up.

The first pic is just what I noticed when I checked for the attached device while in bootloader. My mostly uneducated guess is that this is normal and that ADB is more of a root binary level?

View attachment 80489

9-11-2013 7-25-11 AM.png

Attachments

• SDK.png
    SDK.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey Wizzrah,

Thanks for the assist. I did as you asked and got into the platform tools. I didn't see a getvar command for adb so I tried fastboot getvar cid and mid and got that to work. Check the screenshot and let me know if that is what you were asking for. That CID below matches the one Motochopper showed (in the screenshot). Also I don't think it matters but I start in Fastboot when I go to the bootloader. That screen above of my BL is exactly what it shows when it comes up.

The first pic is just what I noticed when I checked for the attached device while in bootloader. My mostly uneducated guess is that this is normal and that ADB is more of a root binary level?

View attachment 80489

View attachment 80492

The cid is the most important to me. Have you tried running the script using the tool I recommended you? btw it should look something like this:

cmdhtc.png

Last edited:

macstarvo

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Wizrah,

Thanks for replying. What script are you referring to? What I have ran from start to finish is this:
a. **Drive\One_X_ATT_All-In-One_Kit_v\one x.exe** which lead me to motochopper.
b. When I ran that, the screenshot I first posted was the outcome, which lead to the errors you saw.
c. Your next suggestion was to download the SDK and I did that. That was what my second post was which ultimately pulled my current CID. In your last post you pulled a CID of all ones. I pulled "CWS-001"
d. Not sure what other script you are referring. I have re-read this whole thread and I'm not seeing any other step to try but if I'm missing something please let me know.

Thanks again.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Wizrah,

Thanks for replying. What script are you referring to? What I have ran from start to finish is this:
a. **Drive\One_X_ATT_All-In-One_Kit_v\one x.exe** which lead me to motochopper.
b. When I ran that, the screenshot I first posted was the outcome, which lead to the errors you saw.
c. Your next suggestion was to download the SDK and I did that. That was what my second post was which ultimately pulled my current CID. In your last post you pulled a CID of all ones. I pulled "CWS-001"
d. Not sure what other script you are referring. I have re-read this whole thread and I'm not seeing any other step to try but if I'm missing something please let me know.

Thanks again.

Check your inbox for the fix I sent, but I assume you don't really check it. I meant to try this: Fix and then run motochopper and let me know if it works. Just follow the instructions the website gives you. I think this may make the motochopper script work. Send me a screenshot if you can as well to see if anything changes.

macstarvo

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

At first the ADB fix wasn't working. It found a conflict and fixed it but I was still getting the same server date and connection errors. I went into the SDK folder (not the ADT bundle folder) and ran ADB from there. Starting the shell from there did not give me a date error so I copied the ADB excutable from there and overwrote the one from the adt bundle folder. When I did that and ran Hasoon's program it worked perfectly. I got the token ID and then unlocked the bootloader from HTCDev. I'm working on the flash recovery now but so far so good. Just wanted to update you. Thanks again for your help with this.

By the way, doing this DID clear all of my data from the phone just as an FYI to others.

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

At first the ADB fix wasn't working. It found a conflict and fixed it but I was still getting the same server date and connection errors. I went into the SDK folder (not the ADT bundle folder) and ran ADB from there. Starting the shell from there did not give me a date error so I copied the ADB excutable from there and overwrote the one from the adt bundle folder. When I did that and ran Hasoon's program it worked perfectly. I got the token ID and then unlocked the bootloader from HTCDev. I'm working on the flash recovery now but so far so good. Just wanted to update you. Thanks again for your help with this.

By the way, doing this DID clear all of my data from the phone just as an FYI to others.

Yes that's why I warned readers to back up stuff before proceeding. If you have any more questions or encounter any other problems don't hesitate to contact me. :)

macstarvo

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Hey wizzrah,

Yeah, I figured I might lose my apps so I made sure to back up my contacts beforehand (my data was still intact but the apk's were all wiped). I just wanted to let you know that I got everything to work. Unlocked, rooted and S-off using your links. I'm going to send some thanks to the other devs as well. If anyone else has any problems I'd be happy to share how I got it to work. Thanks again.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey wizzrah,

Yeah, I figured I might lose my apps so I made sure to back up my contacts beforehand (my data was still intact but the apk's were all wiped). I just wanted to let you know that I got everything to work. Unlocked, rooted and S-off using your links. I'm going to send some thanks to the other devs as well. If anyone else has any problems I'd be happy to share how I got it to work. Thanks again.

Thats great! Now I recommend either MagioRom or ViperXL rom (I'm running ViperXL with my cpu overclocked to 1.7ghz) if you decide to flash a rom.

macstarvo

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Ah, I just did the Cyanogenmod 10.2. Do you think MagioRom or ViperXL would be better? I don't have any experience with custom roms. This is my first one. It looks pretty, I did watch some videos on you tube and am aware that its a nightly still but if you recommend I change to one of the others I can check them out.

I haven't got to really play with it yet as it's syncing ALL of my backed up apps right now. I want pretty but I won't trade it for stability ya know? So if you think one of the other ones will be less problematic then let me know. Thanks a lot, again.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Ah, I just did the Cyanogenmod 10.2. Do you think MagioRom or ViperXL would be better? I don't have any experience with custom roms. This is my first one. It looks pretty, I did watch some videos on you tube and am aware that its a nightly still but if you recommend I change to one of the others I can check them out.

I haven't got to really play with it yet as it's syncing ALL of my backed up apps right now. I want pretty but I won't trade it for stability ya know? So if you think one of the other ones will be less problematic then let me know. Thanks a lot, again.

Make a BACKUP. Ah, I haven't tried Cyanogenmod 10.2, but it is Android 4.3 right? Thats the latest android version available. Tell me how CM10.2 is when you have the time like does the touchscreen work? Or the camera? ViperXL is insanely good and stable, along with the beastmode 3.5 kernel I flashed, my phone is faster and my battery life is great. I'm not entitled to tell you which rom to flash. Everyone is different when it comes to roms.So play around with it, and if you would like to try Sense 5 out, Magiorom or ViperXL rom are incredibly stable. I just updated the list so now you have tons of choices.

Have fun.

-Wizzrah

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Good luck everyone!

macstarvo

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

It's great so far. No issues and the focal camera is awesome. I heard the camera may have issues now and then but so far it's working fine. It's funny how these roms are always better looking than factory. Guess it's the difference between having creative control over your product and having to make compromises.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

It's great so far. No issues and the focal camera is awesome. I heard the camera may have issues now and then but so far it's working fine. It's funny how these roms are always better looking than factory. Guess it's the difference between having creative control over your product and having to make compromises.

Nice I'll have to try it sometime. Now if you haven't, could you vote up the poll. It would help out.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I forgot to ask, how is the battery life on CM 10.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.