UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)

Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt4dgh

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T One X Root, Boot unlock, S-off on the Jellybean 3.18 OTA Update

Did you get s off? Or did you skip that step. Also you would of been fine if you hadn't wiped and flashed again. Now it is going to be much harder. Try uninstalling drivers on your computer and then download and reinstall drivers again.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I did get S Off. I made sure to go through each of the steps in your tool. After doing some searching this morning, some threads on xda are showing similar if not the same problems I'm having. I think my second wipe I included sdcard and system also. Looks like that is why I have no OS now (which makes sense). I should have restored after the first try and went to bed since it was late last night, :confused:. I'll check my device manager on my computer and delete and reinstall the drivers when I get home from work today. Thanks for the help.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Yes, I did get S Off. I made sure to go through each of the steps in your tool. After doing some searching this morning, some threads on xda are showing similar if not the same problems I'm having. I think my second wipe I included sdcard and system also. Looks like that is why I have no OS now (which makes sense). I should have restored after the first try and went to bed since it was late last night, :confused:. I'll check my device manager on my computer and delete and reinstall the drivers when I get home from work today. Thanks for the help.
Ok

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Ok

I thought I read somewhere that cyanogen needs to have either downgraded hboot or something like that. Not sure if that's it but I thought that was how to get cm10 to work.

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I thought I read somewhere that cyanogen needs to have either downgraded hboot or something like that. Not sure if that's it but I thought that was how to get cm10 to work.

Also if you mount usb storage from recovery it will recognize device it just takes a while cause of no os installed

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Mmmm not 10.2 though. I don't remember about 10.1 though.

ptt4dgh

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I'll definitely try when I get home later today. My thought since I started getting the "no OS installed" error was if I can mount the phone I can get the OS/ROM back on it and installed. Also, I downloaded the Carbon ROM from Wizzrah's list on his website which I will try in place of cyanogen. Hell at this point I wouldn't care if the phone went back to locked and factory OS. At least I could use it and start over from there. I'll definitely update after I get a chance to try the suggestions later today. Thanks again.

vapourtrailz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Thanks haddog#WN and wizzrah. Im not really looking to flash a new/different ROM at the moment (I guess im not that adventurous) , I just want to get rid of all the ATT bloatware crap on my phone. How do I make sure the playstore remembers my apps before I flash my phone?

Go for it vapourtrailz. wizzrah's toolkit is an excellent tool. Make sure you have your google account enabled to back up you photos, videos, contacts/ph numbers and that Google Play Store remembers your apps. Once you are rooted & you try an alternate rom, you'll wonder why you never did it sooner.

Now for the usual disclaimer. If you are not the adventurous type & are afraid you'll jack up your phone... this may not be for you nor will I be able to fix it. That being said, I myself have had 6 Android phones, have rooted them all & have also rooted for many friends and fams. Have not a bricked phone yet. Your mileage may vary :) Hope I didn't scare you off & that you enjoy the screenshots of my rooted AT&T HTC One X running CleanROM 7.0 P1

View attachment 92777 View attachment 92775 View attachment 92776

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I'll definitely try when I get home later today. My thought since I started getting the "no OS installed" error was if I can mount the phone I can get the OS/ROM back on it and installed. Also, I downloaded the Carbon ROM from Wizzrah's list on his website which I will try in place of cyanogen. Hell at this point I wouldn't care if the phone went back to locked and factory OS. At least I could use it and start over from there. I'll definitely update after I get a chance to try the suggestions later today. Thanks again.

No problem!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks haddog#WN and wizzrah. Im not really looking to flash a new/different ROM at the moment (I guess im not that adventurous) , I just want to get rid of all the ATT bloatware crap on my phone. How do I make sure the playstore remembers my apps before I flash my phone?

The gmail you use should automatically make a list of apps you installed. You can just install them manually if you have to.

haddog#WN

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

wizzrah is correct vapourtrailz. You should already have a google account set up on your phone. It's a gmail account tied to the Play Store so you can get apps. When you open Play Store you can see what apps you have installed at some point.

ptt4dgh

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm able to get my phone to mount now and can transfer the Carbon ROM to my phone. When I install Carbon ROM with TWRP is says successful and I don't see any errors. However when I restart after flashing the phone gets stuck on the white HTC screen. Also, at some point I lost S OFF and bootloader now shows S ON.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm able to get my phone to mount now and can transfer the Carbon ROM to my phone. When I install Carbon ROM with TWRP is says successful and I don't see any errors. However when I restart after flashing the phone gets stuck on the white HTC screen. Also, at some point I lost S OFF and bootloader now shows S ON.

Ok you need to flash the boot image then.

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Did you restore from a backup first then flash the rom.

ptt4dgh

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

Did you restore from a backup first then flash the rom.

I lost the backup but i don't really mind. I saved off my pictures and a few other files.

I flashed the boot.img, did a wipe, then flashed the Carbon ROM. I got to the welcome screen for Carbon ROM but the phone is not responding to screen touches. I can turn the volume up/down with the side toggle though.

ptt4dgh

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm up and running again. I'm not sure why but Carbon ROM would not work. I tried flashing CleanROM and that is running smoothly so far. Thanks for the help.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I'm up and running again. I'm not sure why but Carbon ROM would not work. I tried flashing CleanROM and that is running smoothly so far. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, it depends on your hboot (you should have hboot 2.14). I think S-ON also has to do with it. Try getting S-OFF (with a backup this time of course) and then flashing Carbon Rom. (sense roms are more flexible btw)

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, it depends on your hboot (you should have hboot 2.14). I think S-ON also has to do with it. Try getting S-OFF (with a backup this time of course) and then flashing Carbon Rom. (sense roms are more flexible btw)

I want to say the hboot should be ok. I remember reading a forum topic on xda about aosp based roms with s-on. Majority of users with s-on experience problems. S-off is needed to bypass the security or something when flashing the rom. Even if the boot.img is flashed manually it will hang on the HTC splash screen.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

I want to say the hboot should be ok. I remember reading a forum topic on xda about aosp based roms with s-on. Majority of users with s-on experience problems. S-off is needed to bypass the security or something when flashing the rom. Even if the boot.img is flashed manually it will hang on the HTC splash screen.

S-ON is the security HTC implements to prevent any modifications. When it comes to messing with HTC phones, it is a pain in the gluteous maximus.

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

S-ON is the security HTC implements to prevent any modifications. When it comes to messing with HTC phones, it is a pain in the gluteous maximus.

Better off with s-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney