UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)

Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapukakababa

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

I ended up in the same boat, cannot recover and it keeps rebooting to the recovery screen with no data. Wizzrah, can you help me with this as well. I download soffbin too but it shows S-ON for me as well. Here's what I see.

****** TAMPERED *********
****** UNLOCKED *********
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.24p.32.09.06
OpenDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219
eMMC-boot
Nov 26 2012.18:37:14:-1

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

So, my sdcard needed to be wiped clean and I had to flash a recovery image again on top of the corrupt recovery I had. Then I pushed KickDroidXL Sense5 ROM to it. But even after flashing the ROM it was still booting the phone back to TWRP. It was the boot.img which was making the phone to go back to TWRP everytime even after ROM was installed. So Wizzrah gave the idea to directly flash the boot.img onto fastboot which came from KickDroid ROM zip and it did the trick.

wizzrah helped me out with that one. Thanks a ton man. if anybody needs to get out of the booting in TWRP everytime issues, here are wizzrah's instructions you need to follow

------------------------
1. On your PC in the ROM.zip, take out the boot.img and put it in the directory where you have the adb and fastboot files.

2. Boot into fastboot.

3.Open cmd. Change the directory to the folder where you have those files.

4.type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

5. Reboot the phone.

The phone should boot.
------------------------

Now the phone has KickDroidXL Sense 5 ROM and is working in perfect condition and has root access as well.

it still does have that recovery issue which I have to fix somehow, but phone is back to working thanks to Wizzrah, i really appreciate the time he took to help me with this.

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

So, my sdcard needed to be wiped clean and I had to flash a recovery image again on top of the corrupt recovery I had. Then I pushed KickDroidXL Sense5 ROM to it. But even after flashing the ROM it was still booting the phone back to TWRP. It was the boot.img which was making the phone to go back to TWRP everytime even after ROM was installed. So Wizzrah gave the idea to directly flash the boot.img onto fastboot which came from KickDroid ROM zip and it did the trick.

wizzrah helped me out with that one. Thanks a ton man. if anybody needs to get out of the booting in TWRP everytime issues, here are wizzrah's instructions you need to follow

------------------------
1. On your PC in the ROM.zip, take out the boot.img and put it in the directory where you have the adb and fastboot files.

2. Boot into fastboot.

3.Open cmd. Change the directory to the folder where you have those files.

4.type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

5. Reboot the phone.

The phone should boot.
------------------------

Now the phone has KickDroidXL Sense 5 ROM and is working in perfect condition and has root access as well.

it still does have that recovery issue which I have to fix somehow, but phone is back to working thanks to Wizzrah, i really appreciate the time he took to help me with this.

Were you able to achieve s-off?
S-off makes a lot of things possible.
What is the recovery issue you are having?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Were you able to achieve s-off?
S-off makes a lot of things possible.
What is the recovery issue you are having?

No S-OFF. We will met up again to get it done. I just want him to enjoy his phone for a little. :p

He has a double recovery. I would say to erase the recovery completely and then flash it again.

P.S Am I starting a "quotes in signature" thing? Lol

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: EZToolkit Adv: International, AT&T, Rogers One XL [Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, S-OF

Lol

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: EZToolkit Adv: International, AT&T, Rogers One XL [Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, S-OF

I am currently working on the back end server for the toolkit. This next toolkit will bring in bug fixes and should be no more than 2MB in size. The toolkit will connect to a server to download files like recoveries and other necessary files from in the cloud on the fly. All downloads will now be on a private server (that I configure) for more security and the server is able to handle more downloads (my toolkit is very popular) since it is connected to a 1gigabit internet connection. A redesigned website is coming as well. I'm also supporting more devices. Lots to come!

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

arze176

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I am currently working on the back end server for the toolkit. This next toolkit will bring in bug fixes and should be no more than 2MB in size. The toolkit will connect to a server to download files like recoveries and other necessary files from in the cloud on the fly. All downloads will now be on a private server (that I configure) for more security and the server is able to handle more downloads (my toolkit is very popular) since it is connected to a 1gigabit internet connection. A redesigned website is coming as well. I'm also supporting more devices. Lots to come!

What about the ROM development lol

numskull223

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Is it easy to brink an One X, if the S is on, and you try to install rom? I've been reading that it is.

numskull223

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

No. And if you do it is easy to get out of.

Im just reading to much....bored...lol.
Oh I did backup my stock rom thats on my X

I have these roms; Which is best?
kickdroidxl_v5.0.0.0

radavs_stock_jb_4.2.2_5.08.841.3

radavs_stock_jb_4.2.2_5.08.841.1

radavs_stock_jb_4.2.2_5.08.841.3_deodex

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Im just reading to much....bored...lol.
Oh I did backup my stock rom thats on my X

I have these roms; Which is best?
kickdroidxl_v5.0.0.0

radavs_stock_jb_4.2.2_5.08.841.3

radavs_stock_jb_4.2.2_5.08.841.1

radavs_stock_jb_4.2.2_5.08.841.3_deodex

Kickdroid.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, the AT&T HTC One X will be updated to Sense 5 Android 4.2.2. Please, don't accept the update.

numskull223

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Gotta quick question, is there any other roms out there that doesn't look like Gingerbread and that runs smooth on a HTC one x? After we put kickdroid on, I've had to reboot 3 times cause it looses the 4g signal. And it's laggy sometimes.....actually not as smooth as the factory Rom :( ..I like the factory look...just hated all the bloatware.
Since you was able to get s-off, can I just install Rom straight from you toolkit? If so, what about that boot img, do I have to do that everytime?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Gotta quick question, is there any other roms out there that doesn't look like Gingerbread and that runs smooth on a HTC one x? After we put kickdroid on, I've had to reboot 3 times cause it looses the 4g signal. And it's laggy sometimes.....actually not as smooth as the factory Rom :( ..I like the factory look...just hated all the bloatware.
Since you was able to get s-off, can I just install Rom straight from you toolkit? If so, what about that boot img, do I have to do that everytime?

Posted via Android Central App

?. The kernel should solve those problems.

2. The kernel should fix the lag.

3.There is no need for the toolkit to flash a ROM. Just drag in the zip into your phone and flash in recovery.

4. We don't have to flash the boot.img because we got S OFF. We would if we still had S ON.

The main point of flashing kickdroid was to get S OFF, which we did.

You can put whatever you want on it now, and we'll work on it today.

numskull223

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

?. The kernel should solve those problems.

2. The kernel should fix the lag.

3.There is no need for the toolkit to flash a ROM. Just drag in the zip into your phone and flash in recovery.

4. We don't have to flash the boot.img because we got S OFF. We would if we still had S ON.

The main point of flashing kickdroid was to get S OFF, which we did.

You can put whatever you want on it now, and we'll work on it today.

What is the difference in radavs deodex and the other .3 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad