UXToolkit HTC One XL (AT&T)

Did this help you succeed? Just so I can understand you guys :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan Maze

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: How To Root and Unlock Bootloader on AT&T HTC ONE X after the OTA 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 3.18

This works on the 4.1.1 ota update?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: How To Root and Unlock Bootloader on AT&T HTC ONE X after the OTA 4.1 Jelly Bean Update 3.18

Yep!

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app

Lester Walker

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

**** yes it work thank god.... I was struggling trying to get to this step.. Glad i found your post and Much Thanks to Hasoon for his Marvelous work... Kudos

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

**** yes it work thank god.... I was struggling trying to get to this step.. Glad i found your post and Much Thanks to Hasoon for his Marvelous work... Kudos

Yes he is quite the developer!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey, what step were you stuck on?

_407

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

not getting the message that's asking me if I want to unlock the bootloader. Could it be because I was already rooted and just updated my RUU to 3.18?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

not getting the message that's asking me if I want to unlock the bootloader. Could it be because I was already rooted and just updated my RUU to 3.18?
You were rooted before? hmmm...
well do you mean you just updated to the 3.18 update?
Also, is it that the toolkit is not showing the pop-ups? what step are you stuck on?

noah_dunlap

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Ive tried this about 5 times now. and every time i put in my token ID on HTCDev i always get the error code: 160 error reason: mid not allowed. Can someone help me with this?

Edit: forgot to add that my phone is the AT&T HTC One X.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Ive tried this about 5 times now. and every time i put in my token ID on HTCDev i always get the error code: 160 error reason: mid not allowed. Can someone help me with this?

Edit: forgot to add that my phone is the AT&T HTC One X.

Are you copying everything that is suppose to be included in the command prompt?

noah_dunlap

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

yes. I checked it about 10 times and it still comes up with the error.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

yes. I checked it about 10 times and it still comes up with the error.

Hmmm, so you are sure you are following exactly what the toolkit is saying? And just so you know I have an att one x too and I'm rooted and boot unlocked.

noah_dunlap

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Yes I'm sure. I gave up on the toolkit and tried some other website. But it said to root first the install cwm then unlock bootloader. So I did the root and it said it worked but when I tried to install cwm it first of all said that the install for cwm failed and then I think I got it to work but I installed rom manager and it said that I needed to root my phone to have cwm. So I guess the root didn't work.

Sorry if I messed up on anything I'm in class right now on my phone so I'm not really paying attention much.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Yes I'm sure. I gave up on the toolkit and tried some other website. But it said to root first the install cwm then unlock bootloader. So I did the root and it said it worked but when I tried to install cwm it first of all said that the install for cwm failed and then I think I got it to work but I installed rom manager and it said that I needed to root my phone to have cwm. So I guess the root didn't work.

Sorry if I messed up on anything I'm in class right now on my phone so I'm not really paying attention much.
It would be great if you could tell me where you read this.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

How to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X - TheUnlockr

I did step one and step two and was about to go onto to step three when i realized it didnt actually root it, so i didnt have cwm installed either.

Well I see some flaws.
1. The is for the international HTC One X
2.Usually to root, you flash from a custom recovery.
Have you tried the recovery flashing from the toolkit?

noah_dunlap

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

No i havent but thank you for telling me that. ill try that tomorrow. If i was to flash from a custom recovery would it then let me root my device?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

No i havent but thank you for telling me that. ill try that tomorrow. If i was to flash from a custom recovery would it then let me root my device?

Once you put the recovery on it, you can. After that, just follow what I did for rooting. But I still wouldn't recommend it. I would unlock the bootloader first to prevent any problems from occurring.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: **now with pics/proof** root,bootloader unlock,s-off at&t htc one x on 3.18 update!

If only the one x + had s-off :(

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Once you put the recovery on it, you can. After that, just follow what I did for rooting. But I still wouldn't recommend it. I would unlock the bootloader first to prevent any problems from occurring.

Usually you have to unlock the boot loader warning all data will be lost sorry its the way it goes but after its unlocked flash your recovery through fast boot and flash the super.su.zip or super users.zip what ever the root guide dictates a you use and you should be rooted for s-off not sure but i'm sure you have to have an unlocked boot loader and deff rooted (after flashing that .zip) but it should all be in root kit guide updated for s-off flashing custom roms is different story but one step at a time :)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo