What steps do I need to take

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, got a question....my phone (HOX), is not ringing, none of phone calls are getting through! Out of nowhere I'll get a notification that I have a voicemail, but the phone never rang! My wife and I are on a shared plan, and she isn't having any of the same problems.....the phones and plan is through AT&T if that helps at all. Let me know if you need any more info to get this figured out. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you have good reception everywhere you go? You say that your wife doesn't have any problems with reception, but is she usually in a different location than you during the day? Maybe reception is bad at work?

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, got a question....my phone (HOX), is not ringing, none of phone calls are getting through! Out of nowhere I'll get a notification that I have a voicemail, but the phone never rang! My wife and I are on a shared plan, and she isn't having any of the same problems.....the phones and plan is through AT&T if that helps at all. Let me know if you need any more info to get this figured out. Thanks!

Is the phone on silent? If not you can try a factory reset. If you aren't comfortable with it then you might want to chat with AT&T and see if they can solve the problem or ship you a replacement.

Last edited:

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
No, the phone isn't on silent....and no it does not notify me that I missed a call....I've noticed that only a few emails get through also...not sure what's going on...I know Gmail changed things up with their funky set-up now....but I don't think that would have anything to do with it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, what about the reception issue? If you stand beside your wife and someone tries to call both of your phones, do they both ring?

Another idea--is your phone in a case? I saw another post from a woman with a totally blinged out phone case who was having reception issues only when the phone was in the case, so I thought that the metal pieces might be interfering somehow.

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, what about the reception issue? If you stand beside your wife and someone tries to call both of your phones, do they both ring?

Another idea--is your phone in a case? I saw another post from a woman with a totally blinged out phone case who was having reception issues only when the phone was in the case, so I thought that the metal pieces might be interfering somehow.

Hey B. Diddy....thanks for trying to figure this out with me....this problem just started like 3-5 days ago....and we have Wi-Fi at home and no matter where I am or whatnot...I don't get anything....I have had the same rubbery-like case that I've had on there since I bought it....haven't had any problems till just recently. If I decide to do the factory reset, should I get "My Backup Pro"?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can't help with the backup app question--when I factory reset, I just have to reinstall my apps, since I have all other data in the Google Cloud, and just have to re-sync. Factory reset is, of course, an option, but for obvious reasons, it's a last resort.

Sometimes SIM cards can go bad. Go to your local wireless provider store and see if they can test it or swap it out.

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good! I'll do that tomorrow morning! Thanks for the troubleshooting help, I do appreciate it!

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app