- 37 Posts
microphone doesn't work on HTC One X
Hi there. I'm wondering if someone can offer me some advice. I recently replaced the screen on my HTC One X for a colleague. Everything went well but when I tested the phone, the mic doesnt seem to work. When he places a call, nobody can hear him. If he turns on the speakerphone, they can hear him just fine.
Any solution? Replace the mic? Which part needs to be replaced?
He tried to do a factory data reset and that didn't fix it. He wants to know his options.
- 09-05-2013, 01:48 PM #2
Re: microphone doesn't work on HTC One X
Step 1 is to disassemble again and look at the leads coming from the mic. You may be able to repair the lead if you're really good with this sort of repair and have the right tools. If not, you'll need to replace the mic. Not sure how hard it is, but I'd bet it's not as easy as the screen.
- By robrecht in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 09-10-2013, 01:55 PM
- By Jim Panfil in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 09-06-2013, 08:07 AM
- By Rick Lim in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 3Last Post: 09-05-2013, 03:46 PM
- By masterzed in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 09-05-2013, 02:18 PM
- By Gazella in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 09-05-2013, 01:01 PM