weird public WiFi issue

decapoda

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
HTC ONE X+ ,

handset has no problem what so ever with home, office and hotel WiFi network.. but public WiFi like airport, museums, library and any open WiFi does not gets connected. actually handset connects to WiFi, all Google apps works but no other apps detects the WiFi.. irrespective of having full strength signal.

i would sincerely appreciate any help guys.

thanks.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
HTC ONE X+ ,

handset has no problem what so ever with home, office and hotel WiFi network.. but public WiFi like airport, museums, library and any open WiFi does not gets connected. actually handset connects to WiFi, all Google apps works but no other apps detects the WiFi.. irrespective of having full strength signal.

i would sincerely appreciate any help guys.

thanks.

What model do you have? Is it the international version or from a cell phone carrier?

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

decapoda

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey wizzrah,

Its "HTC one X+" without any carrier.. I had been using the phone only on WiFi with air plane mode on.
all the public places, I could not have the WiFi working.. although one interesting thing i noticed on Newark Airport , they provided half an hour free internet and after that I had to pay to use more, which I didnt do. but my google play and gmail and map were working, I even could download/install apps but couldnt surf. other public places also my google services were working but none of the other apps worked.

I do not understand what is wrong with the WiFi..

What model do you have? Is it the international version or from a cell phone carrier?

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton