Restore stock rom..

10rdan

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
HOX+, 4.2.2 sense5, CID O2___001

If I unlock and root my phone and then backup the stock ROM with CWM etc, can I then restore the system, with the backup, and the bootloader will be relocked and phone unrooted ?

In other words, if I restore from backup will the phone be like it was when I got it ?

Want to be able to relock / unroot in case of future OTA updates.

Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
HOX+, 4.2.2 sense5, CID O2___001

If I unlock and root my phone and then backup the stock ROM with CWM etc, can I then restore the system, with the backup, and the bootloader will be relocked and phone unrooted ?

In other words, if I restore from backup will the phone be like it was when I got it ?

Want to be able to relock / unroot in case of future OTA updates.

Thanks

You would have to probably flash your carrier's stock RUU in order to fix this. Then you would have to remove all evidence including the info on your bootloader screen. It'll say something like "relocked" or "tampered" and that is how they know you messed with it. But why would you want to unroot and stuff if most roms have more support then the carrier's OTA updates? Either way, If you tell me your carrier I could help you. : )

10rdan

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Carrier, as in CID number, is O2.

Reason I want to be able to relock / unroot is in case of future OTA updates to 4.2.2, sense 5, which I doubt will happen.

Which custom rom would you recommend for being close / identical to latest 4.2.2, sense 5 update ?
Cheers

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Carrier, as in CID number, is O2.

Reason I want to be able to relock / unroot is in case of future OTA updates to 4.2.2, sense 5, which I doubt will happen.

Which custom rom would you recommend for being close / identical to latest 4.2.2, sense 5 update ?
Cheers

Well, there is this one. I'm not sure if it works on the O2 verison. It just says its works on the ONE X+ except the AT&T version so I'm assuming it does. Otherwise I do not see much. There is one guy in this post in the way bottom of the comment section that says he got the update on o2. What do you want to do?

10rdan

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with the stock 4.2.2, sense5 update which I now have but just wanted to unlock and root to "experiment" and get rid of some "bloatware". I've done it with a Desire and Desire C recently and like the "freedom" it gives you.

The main question was how to relock and unroot in case there are future OTA updates, which I won't get if phone is "tampered with".

Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with the stock 4.2.2, sense5 update which I now have but just wanted to unlock and root to "experiment" and get rid of some "bloatware". I've done it with a Desire and Desire C recently and like the "freedom" it gives you.

The main question was how to relock and unroot in case there are future OTA updates, which I won't get if phone is "tampered with".

Thanks

What superuser do you have? SuperSU?

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
None yet, I?m not unlocked or rooted yet.

Oh I get it now! You are asking how to unroot and relock it just in case you decide to actually root and lock it. Ok things are clear now. It's easy really, the superuser app itself has it's own option for complete root removal. And returning to stock means you just flash your carrier's RUU.

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app