Htc One X broken...help!

lapimpski

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
So my one x recently got water damage. And it wouldn't turn on at all. So I decided to take it apart and in the process of that I was able to get it to turn on but I think I broke something also. I wanna sell this phone but I wont get a lot of money for it being broken. Does anybody a place where I can get it fixed or I can buy the new pieces for it. I put a picture of what it looks like when I power it on.

Attachments

• Photo on 9-21-13 at 11.34 AM.jpg
    Photo on 9-21-13 at 11.34 AM.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 4

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So my one x recently got water damage. And it wouldn't turn on at all. So I decided to take it apart and in the process of that I was able to get it to turn on but I think I broke something also. I wanna sell this phone but I wont get a lot of money for it being broken. Does anybody a place where I can get it fixed or I can buy the new pieces for it. I put a picture of what it looks like when I power it on.

Since you said water damage, it is hard to pinpoint what exactly is wrong. From here, it looks like the display. Could you maybe go more in depth into what exactly happened to it and then maybe I can help you from there.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

You also said you took it apart. Did you look at a tutorial or were you trying to fix it without any knowledge of what you were doing?

lapimpski

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
So I had left it outside and it was raining, not to hard but apparently enough to get in my phone and shut it off. I realized it would not turn on, i stuck it on the charger, but the led light letting me know it was charging didn't come on. So then I stuck it in rice for two days still nothing...all I had was a dead phone. And this might be where I went wrong. I had looked up a video on how to take it apart. I had all the tools I needed but I may be a little inexperienced at taking it apart. I started to get the important part of the phone out but I have hit this part of the phone where it looked like white sheets of paper underneath the screen. Then after that I took it all out and was able to get it to turn on but when it did it looked like the picture. I think i just messed up the screen but I'm not exactly sure. If you need more answers I'll be here to answer them and thanks for your help too.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So I had left it outside and it was raining, not to hard but apparently enough to get in my phone and shut it off. I realized it would not turn on, i stuck it on the charger, but the led light letting me know it was charging didn't come on. So then I stuck it in rice for two days still nothing...all I had was a dead phone. And this might be where I went wrong. I had looked up a video on how to take it apart. I had all the tools I needed but I may be a little inexperienced at taking it apart. I started to get the important part of the phone out but I have hit this part of the phone where it looked like white sheets of paper underneath the screen. Then after that I took it all out and was able to get it to turn on but when it did it looked like the picture. I think i just messed up the screen but I'm not exactly sure. If you need more answers I'll be here to answer them and thanks for your help too.

I believe it is the screen only that is damaged. Take care of your electronics man!

Here are some websites where you can buy the parts:

HTC One XL LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly with Frame

HTC One X Complete Screen Replacement Service (Includes LCD & Digitizer) | DirectFix

USA at T HTC One x LCD Display Screen Replacement Part Repair Fix Parts | eBay

At those prices, I would suggest just saving for a new phone.