International Version HTC One X just updated to 4.2.2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
My Far East Model HTC One X just updated to 4.2.2 with Sense 5.0 this morning.

This was one of the first One X models to actually reach market, but sees to be the last one to actually get the update.
New Icons, unfortunately same bloatware. In the past HTC has made some bloatware un-installable, but no luck this time.
The only thing that disappeared that I noticed is that marble game.

Still playing with it.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Download wasn't too slow, (I have fast wifi), but install time was longer than usual, with three (count em, 3) reboots.

Also I found that Marble game was gone,
and in its place were substituted a few more pieces of bloatware, probably in support of Blink Feed.
(htc news plugin, HTC Sense WeChat Instagram for Sense, Linkedin for sense, Local Feed Provider, etc. I disabled a bunch of these.)

I also found that unlike earlier versions, you can turn off Blink Feed in settings (personalize). Seems to me there was a lot
of grousing about not being able to get rid of it before.

Other than that, I find mostly small changes here and there.

ItsN0Mi

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Am also get the Update but when am trying to install it giving an error
" Can't Mount InternalSdCard: Download/OTA_ENDEAV_____________ . zip Installation Aborted"
Any body help me how can i fix this.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Am also get the Update but when am trying to install it giving an error
" Can't Mount InternalSdCard: Download/OTA_ENDEAV_____________ . zip Installation Aborted"
Any body help me how can i fix this.

How much phone storage did you have free? You might have to remove some stuff and try it again.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
That's pretty tight. Can you clear some photos, videos, music, cache, and maybe some downloads to free up some space?

I think the download itself is like 4 or 5 hundred meg.

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life so far on 4.2.2? I've heard it sucks. I am on CM 10.2 right now is there anyway I can get official 4.2.2 after going back to Sense somehow?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
How is the battery life so far on 4.2.2? I've heard it sucks. I am on CM 10.2 right now is there anyway I can get official 4.2.2 after going back to Sense somehow?

There are some sense 5 based Roms out there. And you can go back to the stock official update if you flash the stock RUU. But if you still have s-on it will relock your bootloader and get rid of your recovery and root. So look into the sense 5 based Roms before you decide!

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I think the battery did take a hit, even when not using blink feed.

Part of this is the incessant running of Google's unified location service, which seems to be running the gps every time I look at it.

But to tell the truth I've been running everything so not trying to conserve yet.

8 and a half hour on battery with 30 percent left.

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I think the battery did take a hit, even when not using blink feed.

Part of this is the incessant running of Google's unified location service, which seems to be running the gps every time I look at it.

But to tell the truth I've been running everything so not trying to conserve yet.

8 and a half hour on battery with 30 percent left.

Man! Right now nothing is giving me good battery life. Neither AOSP, AOKP nor Sense :(

There are some sense 5 based Roms out there. And you can go back to the stock official update if you flash the stock RUU. But if you still have s-on it will relock your bootloader and get rid of your recovery and root. So look into the sense 5 based Roms before you decide!

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

I did flash a Sense 5 ROM but battery life came down like anything. Was wondering if stock is better :)

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
After updating maybe someone miss the 'Developer options' on the One X's settings and didn't found it yet :)

It's there ... but it has to be activated (in a strange way):
Settings - About - Software information - More ... tap seven times on Build number.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, which of those developer option do you find useful?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy