How to expand the space on your HTC One X!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Memory running low? I know mine was. So I decided to expand my storage. How? It doesn't have an sd card. I know. That sucks.

But this is how I did it.

You will need:

A USB OTG cable. This is the one I got. I bought it from the vendor "Yoga Style." I got the cable quick from them with no hassles.USB OTG Cable.

A USB Drive.

A phone.

Step 1. Download ES File Explorer from the play store. If you don't have it yet, you're missing out on the best file explorer out there. Here is a link: ES File Explorer

Step 2. Connect the cable.

Step 3. Connect the USB drive.

This should come up.

Step 4. Click where it says sdcard on the top.

A menu should come down.

Just select usbdisk.

Step 5. View the content inside your USB drive.

Congratulations! You expanded the storage of you phone.

This also works with 2GB,4GB, 6GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB USB drives. It also works with external hard drives (western digital, seagate, hitachi, toshiba), but it may need an external power source.

martin2410

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
By using this method, can I play music and movies that i store on the memory stick or is just simply to view the files?

Certainly looks like the only way to expand the storage. Thanks for this tutorial.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

Carlito17

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
OTG cables are awesome. Also very cheap. I got mine for under $5. Then I bought a USB controller for about the same price to play an SNES mario kart rom (waiting for that in the mail).

But I already opened pictures, video and other files off USB. Works great.