HOX Battery Life Issues; help please!

Gluon2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had the HOX for a couple of months now. After the latest update (with sense 5) the battery was a little worse than it was with 4+, but I didn't think much of it.

But now, suddenly, my battery life has gone to complete crap. It drains really fast, and now I can barely get like 2 hours of screen time before it goes down a lot. It used to get like 4-5 hours of JUST screen time, or go like 20 hours with 2/3 hours of screen time before hitting <20%.

-I'm on stock ROM, haven't flashed anything
-I sometimes use it a lot during charging

What can I do to fix this? Please help! :-\

Last edited:

soup23

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest a battery saver like juice defender. It will kill your mobile data when your screen is off and come back on when you unlock your phone and increase your battery life tremendously. I've also noticed the charger that comes with the phone doesn't make a good connection overtime. I'm currently using my HTC inspire charger with no problems so I don't think it's the port.

Gluon2

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest a battery saver like juice defender. It will kill your mobile data when your screen is off and come back on when you unlock your phone and increase your battery life tremendously. I've also noticed the charger that comes with the phone doesn't make a good connection overtime. I'm currently using my HTC inspire charger with no problems so I don't think it's the port.

Thanks for your reply.
I don't use mobile data atm, I'm usually in WiFi zones now. Besides, the battery life was pretty good until it suddenly just went to crap a few days ago! Same habits, just the battery doesn't last at all anymore. Right now I'm trying to recalibrate the battery (turning phone off at ~20% and letting it charge til light turns green, a few times).

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll try it out :)

Last edited:

yash777

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Install better battery stats and post screenshots of kernel and partial wakelocks on hee after a full day of use.