1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Default HTC One X - Root or not?

I've had an HOX for like two months now. At first, it was great and at one point it was giving me like up to 5 hours of screen time from 100%-10%, if I wanted to finish a season of some show or whatever, straight from full charge. Then, suddenly, it fell to like 2 hours per 100%..
    I'm trying to fix it with 30%-80% cycles.

Anyways, I heard that rooting can let you sleep 3 out of 4 cores when you're not using them, and other tweaks like that which help battery life.

I don't play games or do any hardcore processing-required-things. I just want a better battery life and more screen time.

Should I root?
    [Could you please tell me if there are any big risks other than voiding the warranty?]

Default Re: HTC One X - Root or not?

What your talking about doing sounds like it involves running a custom kernel and tweaking your kernel settings.

However if you previously were obtaining good battery states/screen on times and now its dropped then I'm going to point to something that has changed in your system/setup.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: HTC One X - Root or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Gluon2 View Post
    I've had an HOX for like two months now. At first, it was great and at one point it was giving me like up to 5 hours of screen time from 100%-10%, if I wanted to finish a season of some show or whatever, straight from full charge. Then, suddenly, it fell to like 2 hours per 100%..
    I'm trying to fix it with 30%-80% cycles.

Anyways, I heard that rooting can let you sleep 3 out of 4 cores when you're not using them, and other tweaks like that which help battery life.

I don't play games or do any hardcore processing-required-things. I just want a better battery life and more screen time.

Should I root?
    [Could you please tell me if there are any big risks other than voiding the warranty?]
    Rooting should be simple and straightforward if you follow directions. It might also be the battery that is wearing down.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by: