Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One X screen freezes but processes keep running

Hello,

Since this week my One X is acting weird. After a few minutes of using the phone sometimes it suddenly freezes. Sometimes the screen just freezes and sometimes the screen will look very blurry, defect and 'pixelated'. When I hit the ON/OFF button the phone goes into regular pocket-modus. From that time it is not possible to go to the normal screen again by using the ON/OFF button. Then i have to try to hit the On/Off button for 10/20/30 times and sometimes suddenly the phone jumps on. Also when i'm trying to hit the on/off button the three buttons on the bottom off the phone will light up. Also the LED is working. Also processes like calling and playing music will not stop. Only problem is that I cannot get into the phone, the screen will be black until the point when the phone randomly decides to work again. When its working i can use it for a few minutes until it is freezing again.

Ive tried the hard and soft reset, both is unfortunately not working.

I' am using android 4.0.4
    HTc sense version 4.1 Software version 2.17.161.4

Edit: updated android and sense, problem is still there.

I you need any other info, please let me know!
    Last edited by orbarateur; 12-07-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Global Posts
    4,289 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: One X screen freezes but processes keep running

Quote Originally Posted by orbarateur View Post
    Hello,

Since this week my One X is acting weird. After a few minutes of using the phone sometimes it suddenly freezes. Sometimes the screen just freezes and sometimes the screen will look very blurry, defect and 'pixelated'. When I hit the ON/OFF button the phone goes into regular pocket-modus. From that time it is not possible to go to the normal screen again by using the ON/OFF button. Then i have to try to hit the On/Off button for 10/20/30 times and sometimes suddenly the phone jumps on. Also when i'm trying to hit the on/off button the three buttons on the bottom off the phone will light up. Also the LED is working. Also processes like calling and playing music will not stop. Only problem is that I cannot get into the phone, the screen will be black until the point when the phone randomly decides to work again. When its working i can use it for a few minutes until it is freezing again.

Ive tried the hard and soft reset, both is unfortunately not working.

I' am using android 4.0.4
    HTc sense version 4.1 Software version 2.17.161.4

Edit: updated android and sense, problem is still there.

I you need any other info, please let me know!
    Factory reset not working? Hmmm, so if understand the problem correctly, your phone freezes randomly?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: One X screen freezes but processes keep running

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Factory reset not working? Hmmm, so if understand the problem correctly, your phone freezes randomly?

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    Correct. But its important to tell that the processes in the background are still working. So it is possible for me to make screenshots etc. The only problem is the black frozen screen.
    Last edited by orbarateur; 12-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.