1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery drain?!

Hello all, I just bought One X for my wife and we fully charged it, and plugged it out before sleep so It can wake us up. And after 8 hours of nothing, battery was at 63%. Is this cause it's new and stuff, or there is something wrong woth device?
    We killed all apps.

Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Battery drain?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuq View Post
    Hello all, I just bought One X for my wife and we fully charged it, and plugged it out before sleep so It can wake us up. And after 8 hours of nothing, battery was at 63%. Is this cause it's new and stuff, or there is something wrong woth device?
    We killed all apps.

Live long and prosper.
    Yeah, the stock OS is a battery hog. The problem is the kernel optimization for this phone (the way the software handles the processor speed). Have you tried power saver mode?
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Yeah, the stock OS is a battery hog. The problem is the kernel optimization for this phone (the way the software handles the processor speed). Have you tried power saver mode?
    No, I want to enjoy screen and stuff is your suggestion to root the phone, or?

Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

No, I want to enjoy screen and stuff is your suggestion to root the phone, or?

Live long and prosper.
    The battery saver mode helps. Don't try any battery saving apps. Those just use more battery life. I don't think you should root just yet.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix
    Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Turned it on. I'll see. Thanks. I know that usage drains battery, but, 8h of nothing and 30% drain is not ok...

Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Turned it on. I'll see. Thanks. I know that usage drains battery, but, 8h of nothing and 30% drain is not ok...

Live long and prosper.
    Ok let me know how it goes.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok let me know how it goes.

Looks much better... I'll test it few days and will let you know. Thanks.

Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Looks much better... I'll test it few days and will let you know. Thanks.

Live long and prosper.
    Unlike other power savers, the HTC power saver actually works because it underclocks the processor.

Thanked by:
    Nuuq 
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Unlike other power savers, the HTC power saver actually works because it underclocks the processor.

Powe saver did the trick... I, now have battery life as expected... Easily whole day. Thanks.

Live long and prosper.
    Thanked by 2:
    UJ95xwizzrah 

Global Posts
    2,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Powe saver did the trick... I, now have battery life as expected... Easily whole day. Thanks.

Live long and prosper.
    Cool.