Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default CM update download .failure

    Hi all. Today I received an update notice to CM 10.2 for my Evita. I installed it by hitting the install tab and everything went fairly smooth as indicated by the blue status line. Then it went into android updating all the apps I would imagine. Then it rebooted and I /was left with a screen the had all these moving dashes on it which eventually stopped and just left dashes on the screen. I went into recovery and tried to reinstall the updated but had the same problem. I have no stock recovery saved on my device. Does any OK me know what I can SD? Do I try and reinstall my original CM that I put on my device? Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    24,258 Posts
    Global Posts
    24,701 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

    Default Re: CM update download .failure

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver53 View Post
    Hi all. Today I received an update notice to CM 10.2 for my Evita. I installed it by hitting the install tab and everything went fairly smooth as indicated by the blue status line. Then it went into android updating all the apps I would imagine. Then it rebooted and I /was left with a screen the had all these moving dashes on it which eventually stopped and just left dashes on the screen. I went into recovery and tried to reinstall the updated but had the same problem. I have no stock recovery saved on my device. Does any OK me know what I can SD? Do I try and reinstall my original CM that I put on my device? Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    I would try redownloading the update, and reinstall.

    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

    Default Re: CM update download .failure

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver53 View Post
    Hi all. Today I received an update notice to CM 10.2 for my Evita. I installed it by hitting the install tab and everything went fairly smooth as indicated by the blue status line. Then it went into android updating all the apps I would imagine. Then it rebooted and I /was left with a screen the had all these moving dashes on it which eventually stopped and just left dashes on the screen. I went into recovery and tried to reinstall the updated but had the same problem. I have no stock recovery saved on my device. Does any OK me know what I can SD? Do I try and reinstall my original CM that I put on my device? Thanks.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    If you can't boot back up, I would suggest to try and flash the Rom again. Is your phone readable when you connect it to a computer?

    Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: CM update download .failure

    I will check it out. Thanks.

    Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

    Default Re: CM update download .failure

    Ok :P

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: CM update download .failure

    Well I was able to connect it to my computer and make it readable. I went to Cyanogenmod's website and downloaded 10.2 and the proper gapps for my Evita. I downloaded them and then flashed through twrp. My phone started to boot up and then the screen went funny again and the android updated about 35 apps and then it just went funny again. I would imagine that I have to flash the boot.img separately again. I just forgot the right command prompt and how to open one up. I will try again tomorrow.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

    Default Re: CM update download .failure

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver53 View Post
    Well I was able to connect it to my computer and make it readable. I went to Cyanogenmod's website and downloaded 10.2 and the proper gapps for my Evita. I downloaded them and then flashed through twrp. My phone started to boot up and then the screen went funny again and the android updated about 35 apps and then it just went funny again. I would imagine that I have to flash the boot.img separately again. I just forgot the right command prompt and how to open one up. I will try again tomorrow.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    You have change the directory in cmd to wherever you have fastboot. Then you would put the boot.img in that same folder. The command is "fastboot flash boot "name of boot".img" . If the boot image is called boot.img like most are, it would be "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: CM update download .failure

    Thanks Wizzrah. I remembered that last night. I managed to reflash 10.2 and the gapps this morning. Then I deleted the existing boot.img from my fastboot folder and flashed the proper one for the news ROM. Everything is working now. I wonder why the update messed up my phone so badly? Thanks for your help.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,578 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

    Default Re: CM update download .failure

    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver53 View Post
    Thanks Wizzrah. I remembered that last night. I managed to reflash 10.2 and the gapps this morning. Then I deleted the existing boot.img from my fastboot folder and flashed the proper one for the news ROM. Everything is working now. I wonder why the update messed up my phone so badly? Thanks for your help.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Cool. Glad it worked out ok.

    "In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
    Thanked by:

Similar Threads

  1. Moto X: Speakerphone volume low after update?
    By Camilo in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-31-2015, 07:28 AM
  2. After 4.3 update my screen keeps randomly coming on
    By JakRox in forum AT&T Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2013, 08:24 PM
  3. How to stop ZV8 to ZV9 update
    By degarmo64 in forum LG Lucid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 11:38 AM
  4. Samsung Galaxy - Update
    By Tee A in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2013, 08:16 AM
  5. Downloading App Packages question
    By android_freak1 in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 01:44 PM

Posting Permissions