HTC One X+ Keeps Restarting - System not responding

mwiles629

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This morning my AT&T HTC One X+ restarted randomly on me. When the phone came back up it wouldn't connect to cell service or wifi, and would continually restart on it's own every few minutes. I decided to try and to a factory reset on it using the volume down and power button. It will not do a factory reset on the device, it says setup isn't responding. If you leave the phone on, it will restart the device on it's own again. Does anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, or if it can even be fixed? The phone is locked, and un rooted.

Thank in advance,
Michael

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
This morning my AT&T HTC One X+ restarted randomly on me. When the phone came back up it wouldn't connect to cell service or wifi, and would continually restart on it's own every few minutes. I decided to try and to a factory reset on it using the volume down and power button. It will not do a factory reset on the device, it says setup isn't responding. If you leave the phone on, it will restart the device on it's own again. Does anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, or if it can even be fixed? The phone is locked, and un rooted.

Thank in advance,
Michael

So you haven't tampered with it at all? Have you tried to do a full power down and then power on? It's not a complete power down if the "fast boot" option is checked in the settings.

mwiles629

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I've always had the fast boot turned off. The only setting I can get into now is the option that come up when you hold down the volume down and power button, brings you into the boot loader I believe it is.