Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By wizzrah
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 Update

Hey guys, you probably heard the update to Sense 5 is coming out soon. Here are some things you should be aware of.

If you are planning to mod the phone (Rooting, unlocking the bootloader, etc) I suggest you stay on Android 4.1.1 and do it now as we are not sure if any known methods currently in use will work with the 4.2.2 update.

If you aren't, then update away and I'm sure a method will come out eventually.

That's just my two cents... ._.

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
    Thanked by 2:
    ffejjjUJ95x 
    Golfdriver97 and UJ95x like this.

Global Posts
    23,911 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 Update

Inclined to agree. At least with rooting you can flash a custom ROM and probably be more up to date that accepting the OTA.

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    Thanked by:
    wizzrah likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Inclined to agree. At least with rooting you can flash a custom ROM and probably be more up to date that accepting the OTA.
    Exactly my point. I'm running 4.4.2 (just shows how slow AT&T and HTC are), and there's so much more to explore! I don't think I would ever go back to an AT&T update. Maybe I'll come up with a root method for people, who knows . I just wanted to point this out to people that you could do it now or wait a long time until someone develops a root method again.

I guess it depends on your level of patience :P

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

I am planning on rooting this week and my phone just prompted me to update, I postponed it but there was no "do not update" option. Is there any way I can disable this or will it just keep notifying?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by yarch View Post
    I am planning on rooting this week and my phone just prompted me to update, I postponed it but there was no "do not update" option. Is there any way I can disable this or will it just keep notifying?
    I do not think so.

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

Well, that's going to get annoying, popping up every 8 hours. I'm hoping for that EZToolkit of yours to come out soon, since it's so nice and quick compared to the other methods I've been researching. If you're having problems with hosting again you should make a torrent.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Haha, I'm working on my website. I need to get that done before I can put up a download link.

Hey Wizzrah

I rooted by AT&T HTC one x using your guidelines and also did S OFF & CID 11111111. It was really helpful. I need to unroot my phone now due to my employer policies.

Do you have any method or suggestions?

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

Well, damn. It's going to force me to run the update in 8 hours, said I can't postpone it anymore. Stupid-*** ATT software
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by yarch View Post
    Well, damn. It's going to force me to run the update in 8 hours, said I can't postpone it anymore. Stupid-*** ATT software
    Turn off the phone! Lol see what it does.

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

I sacrificed some sleep this morning and rooted it with Hasoon2000's toolkit. Now I'll be tired for the rest of the day but at least I've got root.
    ATT HTC One X
    Rooted

DO NOT take this update if you want root, s-off,etc!!! I have this odd routine where every so often, I go back stock. Not just stock rom, s-on, stock CID etc. took the 5.18 update. Been searching for a week or so no luck, AT&T write protected the partition with CID in it! No super CID, no bootloader unlock, nothing! Guess it is time to trade to a galaxy s 3, getting tired of htc locking me out of my own phone! The inspire was worse!!
    Edit: if you are not OCD like me and keep super CID and s-off, it will stick through update. At least that is what I read on xda.

Quote Originally Posted by eager2merge View Post
    Hey Wizzrah

I rooted by AT&T HTC one x using your guidelines and also did S OFF & CID 11111111. It was really helpful. I need to unroot my phone now due to my employer policies.

There are apps that hide root for this very reason. Found it by accident, otherwise I would link it for you! Sorry!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by eager2merge View Post
    Hey Wizzrah

Just go to the SuperSU app and select unroot from the settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atrix_brick View Post
    DO NOT take this update if you want root, s-off,etc!!! I have this odd routine where every so often, I go back stock. Not just stock rom, s-on, stock CID etc. took the 5.18 update. Been searching for a week or so no luck, AT&T write protected the partition with CID in it! No super CID, no bootloader unlock, nothing! Guess it is time to trade to a galaxy s 3, getting tired of htc locking me out of my own phone! The inspire was worse!!
    Edit: if you are not OCD like me and keep super CID and s-off, it will stick through update. At least that is what I read on xda.
    I warned people of this.

I'm stock and I've been trying to update, but it keeps erroring out when I get to the restart. It says "There was a problem with this software update that prevented installation. Please wait for another update". I've tried restarting and waiting a couple days.

When I tap on Check for Updates, nothing happens. Any ideas? If not, where/how would you suggest I research this problem?

Posted via Android Central App
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by TrishNOhio View Post
    When I tap on Check for Updates, nothing happens. Any ideas? If not, where/how would you suggest I research this problem?

Posted via Android Central App
    Are you stuck on the 4.1.1 OS?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

Hi Wizzrah,

Whats the current status of your website? Any download link available?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    4,547 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Zikram View Post
    Hi Wizzrah,

Whats the current status of your website? Any download link available?
    For what toolkit?

-Wizzrah, Android Central Ambassador | Sent from my AT&T HTC One X running CodefireX 4.4.2