AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 Update

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, you probably heard the update to Sense 5 is coming out soon. Here are some things you should be aware of.

If you are planning to mod the phone (Rooting, unlocking the bootloader, etc) I suggest you stay on Android 4.1.1 and do it now as we are not sure if any known methods currently in use will work with the 4.2.2 update.

If you aren't, then update away and I'm sure a method will come out eventually.

That's just my two cents... ._.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Inclined to agree. At least with rooting you can flash a custom ROM and probably be more up to date that accepting the OTA.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Inclined to agree. At least with rooting you can flash a custom ROM and probably be more up to date that accepting the OTA.

Exactly my point. I'm running 4.4.2 (just shows how slow AT&T and HTC are), and there's so much more to explore! I don't think I would ever go back to an AT&T update. Maybe I'll come up with a root method for people, who knows :D. I just wanted to point this out to people that you could do it now or wait a long time until someone develops a root method again.

I guess it depends on your level of patience :p

yarch

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I am planning on rooting this week and my phone just prompted me to update, I postponed it but there was no "do not update" option. Is there any way I can disable this or will it just keep notifying?

yarch

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, that's going to get annoying, popping up every 8 hours. I'm hoping for that EZToolkit of yours to come out soon, since it's so nice and quick compared to the other methods I've been researching. If you're having problems with hosting again you should make a torrent.

eager2merge

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey Wizzrah

I rooted by AT&T HTC one x using your guidelines and also did S OFF & CID 11111111. It was really helpful. I need to unroot my phone now due to my employer policies.

Do you have any method or suggestions?

yarch

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, damn. It's going to force me to run the update in 8 hours, said I can't postpone it anymore. Stupid-*** ATT software

yarch

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I sacrificed some sleep this morning and rooted it with Hasoon2000's toolkit. Now I'll be tired for the rest of the day but at least I've got root.

atrix_brick

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
DO NOT take this update if you want root, s-off,etc!!! I have this odd routine where every so often, I go back stock. Not just stock rom, s-on, stock CID etc. took the 5.18 update. Been searching for a week or so no luck, AT&T write protected the partition with CID in it! No super CID, no bootloader unlock, nothing! Guess it is time to trade to a galaxy s 3, getting tired of htc locking me out of my own phone! The inspire was worse!! :mad:
Edit: if you are not OCD like me and keep super CID and s-off, it will stick through update. At least that is what I read on xda.

atrix_brick

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey Wizzrah

I rooted by AT&T HTC one x using your guidelines and also did S OFF & CID 11111111. It was really helpful. I need to unroot my phone now due to my employer policies.

There are apps that hide root for this very reason. Found it by accident, otherwise I would link it for you! Sorry!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 Update

Hey Wizzrah

Just go to the SuperSU app and select unroot from the settings.

- - - Updated - - -

DO NOT take this update if you want root, s-off,etc!!! I have this odd routine where every so often, I go back stock. Not just stock rom, s-on, stock CID etc. took the 5.18 update. Been searching for a week or so no luck, AT&T write protected the partition with CID in it! No super CID, no bootloader unlock, nothing! Guess it is time to trade to a galaxy s 3, getting tired of htc locking me out of my own phone! The inspire was worse!! :mad:
Edit: if you are not OCD like me and keep super CID and s-off, it will stick through update. At least that is what I read on xda.

I warned people of this.

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 Update

I'm stock and I've been trying to update, but it keeps erroring out when I get to the restart. It says "There was a problem with this software update that prevented installation. Please wait for another update". I've tried restarting and waiting a couple days.

TrishNOhio

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
When I tap on Check for Updates, nothing happens. Any ideas? If not, where/how would you suggest I research this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
When I tap on Check for Updates, nothing happens. Any ideas? If not, where/how would you suggest I research this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Are you stuck on the 4.1.1 OS?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf