AT&T HTC One X update live

thomas0612

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
So glad stock fm player is available now .. phone seems to be a lot more fluid and smooth

Sent from my HTC One X using AC Forums mobile app

dart4605

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I finally got the 4.2.2. update installed. The new icons are blocky and ugly. Blinkfeed seems to be in the way, but I'll give it some time.

It didn't come automatically. I had to do a check for updates to get it.

dart4605

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I may be missing something, but it seems that only real improvement in the 4.2.2 upgrade is the ability to turn on the numerical display of battery status.

Perhaps someone can enlighten me on what I missed?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I may be missing something, but it seems that only real improvement in the 4.2.2 upgrade is the ability to turn on the numerical display of battery status.

Not much more I'm afraid :( Blinkfeed? New UI? FM Radio? New browser? lol

Robert Edler

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

I've had the 4.2.2 update since the day it went live. (I used the "set-the-date-ahead" method to accelerate the update without a hitch.) I don't bother with the Blinkfeed option, preferring to use the standard home screen instead. Now, the big improvements I've experienced are twofold. Firstly, since I prefer not to use the fast boot option (phone runs much better without), I always had problems with 4.1.1 not loading any paid widgets at boot. I would have to manually load them later, or use the free versions if available. This is a well documented problem, and a pain. With 4.2.2, that bug has been fixed so paid widgets now load normally at boot. Secondly, when connecting the HOX to my computer to access and download photos, all I saw in the phone's picture folder were nondescript icons instead of thumbnails of the photos. That made identifying a specific photo a real chore. This too is a well documented problem, but has also been resolved, so now the actual thumbnails are visible for all photos taken on the phone. Perhaps you did not experience either behavior on your HOX. At any rate, the elimination of these two nagging problems in 4.2.2 has greatly improved my overall experience with this phone!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had the 4.2.2 update since the day it went live. (I used the "set-the-date-ahead" method to accelerate the update without a hitch.) I don't bother with the Blinkfeed option, preferring to use the standard home screen instead. Now, the big improvements I've experienced are twofold. Firstly, since I prefer not to use the fast boot option (phone runs much better without), I always had problems with 4.1.1 not loading any paid widgets at boot. I would have to manually load them later, or use the free versions if available. This is a well documented problem, and a pain. With 4.2.2, that bug has been fixed so paid widgets now load normally at boot. Secondly, when connecting the HOX to my computer to access and download photos, all I saw in the phone's picture folder were nondescript icons instead of thumbnails of the photos. That made identifying a specific photo a real chore. This too is a well documented problem, but has also been resolved, so now the actual thumbnails are visible for all photos taken on the phone. Perhaps you did not experience either behavior on your HOX. At any rate, the elimination of these two nagging problems in 4.2.2 has greatly improved my overall experience with this phone!

I still don't think it's enough to justify why an update should take so long.

dart4605

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had those problems.

I don't understand why it takes so long for the updates to get through HTC, then it takes many more months before AT&T gets it to me.

Robert Edler

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had those problems.

In regards to the paid-widgets-not-loading-at-boot issue, you would not experience this problem if you either used free widgets or checked the "fast boot" option.

I don't understand why it takes so long for the updates to get through HTC, then it takes many more months before AT&T gets it to me.

It really does seem to take forever for these updates. I remember the thread on the AT&T forum regarding the update to 4.1.1. There seemed to be a new post every hour wondering where the update was, the first post being in mid-December 2012 and the update actually arriving in early March 2013. Reading it now is like watching grass grow! And when I installed 4.1, I remember having enough performance problems that I eventually had to do a factory reset. There have been some very good articles about the "update" process in the past year. Here's one: Why Android Updates Are So Slow

With all the versions of Android-based handsets in use, it's a wonder we ever see any updates at all. Then too, while I had the problems with 4.1 I mentioned in a previous post, I can remember a bug that caused a loss of full Bluetooth capability with Ice Cream Sandwich. So, if HTC and AT&T want to take time to "get it right", that's OK with me. With 4.2.2, it so far seems to be "right".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969