1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Poor battery life and wifi since Sense 5.0 and Android 4.2.2 update

I know this is a common problem with the HTC One X, but it's starting to annoy me more and more each day, and I can't go more than 8 hours of little or no use without the battery draining completely.

I'm using a non-rooted HTC One X, on Sense 5.0 and Android 4.2.2. I've had the phone for about 18 months. Before I updated six months ago, the wifi was fine and whilst the battery wasn't great, it was decent, especially for a smartphone. Now I can only really connect to our home's wifi if I'm in the room of the router, or maybe a neighbouring room if I'm lucky. The battery is more of a problem though, dropping 40% in an hour with general use (Chrome, Twitter, Facebook and music) on one bar of brightness and an average volume for the music (12:30-1:30 in the screenshot).

In the five hours the screenshot shows, I had it on Power Saver from about 3 o'clock onwards, and when the screen was on I wasn't watching videos or playing games, just general browsing. According to HTC, Chrome's used 23% with 12 minutes of use, Twitter 17% with 6 minutes, Android OS and Android System a combined 21%.

Poor battery life and wifi since Sense 5.0 and Android 4.2.2 update-screenshot_2014-02-14-17-34-34.png

Basically, I know I can't go back to the far superior Sense 4/Android 4.1 combo, but is there anything I can really do to improve either battery or wifi aside from HTC's pointless help of "use the phone less" and "turn wifi off" and all that. I could try a hard reset, I guess, but I'm not convinced it will do much.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: Poor battery life and wifi since Sense 5.0 and Android 4.2.2 update

I have had the same problem. Ever since I updated to 4.2 two days ago the battery life is horrible. It drops 20% in about 8 hours of not being used. I have been searching the internet for a solution but still none. The majority of the battery usage goes to Android System. I wish I had an answer for you. I am going to keep looking into this and if I find anything I'll let you know.

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodefireX One XL 4.4.2

Default Re: Poor battery life and wifi since Sense 5.0 and Android 4.2.2 update

I know that this problem persists on custom Sense 5 roms as well. It might be the case here. My AT&T One X was on a CPU mode called "ondemand" which fluctuates the CPU clock speed depending on what you are doing on your phone. This results in horrible battery life. Ondemand + Blinkfeed = bad battery life. It might be the case here for the stock update. I don't go near Sense 5 ROMs anymore. That's just my two cents.
    It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. - J. K Rowling

"If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of." - Bruce Lee

"The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye." - Jimi Hendrix