Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

Default HTC One X: Extremely poor battery life

Rooted, S-off, TWRP2.5.0.0, Android 4.1.1, sense 4+, 3.18 firmware

This phone has always had unsatisfactory battery life, but recently it has been downright stupid bad. I figured when I rooted I would be able to straight up remove bloat apps that I never use and see an improvement, but it wasn't that easy and I haven't gotten up to speed on custom ROMs yet and which one to use; so I used App Quarantine to freeze them. Over the past two weeks or so I've been seeing battery drain as bad as 40% in 3 hours with minimal use. I just unplugged my phone 16 minutes ago and it has used 5% of the battery - with the exception of setting an alarm, I haven't used it. Usage shows Chrome taking up 33% - fair enough, when it's awake I use the internet a lot, 2nd is Android System with 10%, then Handcent SMS with 6% and Android OS with 5%. I am really quite puzzled here; because it looks like there is nothing there that could draw that much power. The only things consistently and by choice running in my background are a screen brightness bar, gmail and handcent. I have auto update and notifications disabled for all social media bloatapps, which I never use anyway. I'm not using any widgets, either. What the hell is going on?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 01:35 AM.
    ATT HTC One X
    Rooted

Default Re: Extremely poor battery life

Were any of the apps youve "frozen" running in the background at the time you took them out? Perhaps they are stuck open, for lack of better words, causing more of a drain.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

Is that even possible? The apps would stop running when I reboot the phone anyway.

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by yarch View Post
    Is that even possible? The apps would stop running when I reboot the phone anyway.
    I would suggest updating your version of TWRP and flashing Android 4.4. I personally think it has good battery life with Kit Kat.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    I would suggest updating your version of TWRP and flashing Android 4.4. I personally think it has good battery life with Kit Kat.
    So I went to TWRP 2.7. Which recovery would you recommend for flashing Android 4.4?
    ATT HTC One X
    Rooted

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM

So I went to TWRP 2.7. Which recovery would you recommend for flashing Android 4.4?
    2.7 has lots of problems. I use 2.6.3.0 with selinux.

Wizzrah | AT&T HTC One XL | Tapatalk
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

2.7 has lots of problems. I use 2.6.3.0 with selinux.
    Noted and heeded. And which ROM?

(edit)
    Not which ROM are you running, but what would you recommend overall for an knowledgeable user but non-developer.
    Last edited by yarch; 05-13-2014 at 07:42 PM.
    ATT HTC One X
    Rooted

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM

Noted and heeded. And which ROM?

(edit)
    Not which ROM are you running, but what would you recommend overall for an knowledgeable user but non-developer.
    I have not found the perfect 4.4 ROM yet. Right now I'm running Karbon Kat.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

I have not found the perfect 4.4 ROM yet. Right now I'm running Karbon Kat.
    Ok. Until I find out a little more about the current 4.4 ROMS I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 (4.3.1). The extremely poor battery life issue was intermittent and odd, I'll wait and see what happens with this ROM.
    ATT HTC One X
    Rooted

Default Re: HTC One X: Extremely poor battery life

I have been having the same problem, i noticed that the battery was lasting about 4 hours. I forced closed all apps, ex facebook, weather channel app ect, and rebooted it. And it been fine for about a week now. But it does randomly shuts ofc while I talking on the phone... Haven't figured that one out yet.

Posted via Android Central App
    AT&T HTC One X

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM

Ok. Until I find out a little more about the current 4.4 ROMS I'm running Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 (4.3.1). The extremely poor battery life issue was intermittent and odd, I'll wait and see what happens with this ROM.
    4.4 has good battery life. You probably have to adjust the CPU speed.

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by numskull223 View Post
    I have been having the same problem, i noticed that the battery was lasting about 4 hours. I forced closed all apps, ex facebook, weather channel app ect, and rebooted it. And it been fine for about a week now. But it does randomly shuts ofc while I talking on the phone... Haven't figured that one out yet.

What ROM are you running?

What ROM are you running?

Viper 4.2
    I'm thinking of going to CandyKat.
    Your website down?

Last edited by numskull223; 05-17-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    AT&T HTC One X

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM

Viper 4.2
    I'm thinking of going to CandyKat.
    You website down?

Which one?

Which one?

If you mean which CandyKat, it's 4.4.2/sense 5.
    I'm making sure I can use beastmode and twrp 2.6.3

AT&T HTC One X

Try candykat 4.4 so for its solid

AT&T HTC One X

Try candykat 4.4 so for its solid

Scratch that, it has issues of freezing while changing....back to Venom 4.2 for me.

AT&T HTC One X

Which one?

Wizzrah, A while back I had this problem, when my screen would go off, and I would turn the screen on I would not have a signal.....I went to settings>power, and unchecked the box for turning off data when its inactive. But it still shuts off the data....Is there something else I am forgetting. I went back to the 4.2 viper rom.
    AT&T HTC One X

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM

Wizzrah, A while back I had this problem, when my screen would go off, and I would turn the screen on I would not have a signal.....I went to settings>power, and unchecked the box for turning off data when its inactive. But it still shuts off the data....Is there something else I am forgetting. I went back to the 4.2 viper rom.
    Were you using the stock kernel or a custom kernel?

Were you using the stock kernel or a custom kernel?

Beastmode 3.5+

AT&T HTC One X

I think I got it. I flashed a stock kernel, then flashed beastmode again...so far so good.

Last edited by numskull223; 05-20-2014 at 04:51 AM.
    AT&T HTC One X
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

ROM
    Cyanogen 10.2.1 (4.3.1)

So the CM 10.2.1 ROM is ok but it has a couple of pretty bad flaws and support is nonexistent. When I receive a call it only plays my ringtone once, and I am having some pretty frustrating wifi issues. It won't automatically connect to a network most of the time and to manually connect I have to open the connect dialog and hit "connect" between 2 and 8 times, the connection also drops while the phone is sleeping but only sometimes. There is no pattern whatsoever to how and why. I would go to a different ROM but I do not have time to go through that process right now because life takes priority.
    ATT HTC One X
    Rooted

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM

So the CM 10.2.1 ROM is ok but it has a couple of pretty bad flaws and support is nonexistent. When I receive a call it only plays my ringtone once, and I am having some pretty frustrating wifi issues. It won't automatically connect to a network most of the time and to manually connect I have to open the connect dialog and hit "connect" between 2 and 8 times, the connection also drops while the phone is sleeping but only sometimes. There is no pattern whatsoever to how and why. I would go to a different ROM but I do not have time to go through that process right now because life takes priority.
    Try TeamEOS ROM. It's worth it if you have the time to flash it. I have had no problems with this ROM.

[ROM][KK][AOSP][TEAMEOS] OFFICIAL Evita Nightlies - xda-developers

It has been phenomenal. You'll need TWRP 2.7 though.

More specifically the unofficial TWRP 2.7.0.8 by pandasa123 on XDA, or the official TWRP 2.7.1.0 from the TWRP goo.im page.

Sent from my Evita
    wizzrah likes this.

Global Posts
    3,915 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Timmaaa View Post
    More specifically the unofficial TWRP 2.7.0.8 by pandasa123 on XDA, or the official TWRP 2.7.1.0 from the TWRP goo.im page.

Sent from my Evita
    Spot on!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738246

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast